Garnet x child!gem!Reader

You woke up, shivering despite your gem generating heat. You realize that you're not shivering because of the cold. It was very similar, the familiar feeling of a shiver going up your spine like harsh winds of winter would do to you on Homeworld.

But this was not Homeworld. You could tell. It was warm, not too hot, but hot enough to be a pleasant, soothing feeling of sunbeams on your back. You look down at the Fire Opal embedded in your skin, right under your knee, which was a very bad place, as you were clumsy and fell often, cracking it often.

Maybe that was the reason that they left you here. Useless. You feel, your gem broke, and you were sickly. Brittle. Not like the strong, warrior that an Opal was suppose to be. Opals were known to sustain wounds for whole battles, but you were at a strange place, not knowing what to do, who to trust, and no orders.

Just you.

There was a large cliff, a menacing sight of a huge fusion, with her arms outstretched. And cradled in a pair of her arms was a wooden home. You had studied buildings like this on Homeworld. You got up slowly, crawling closer and closer to the wooden structure, the sand giving you some protection from cracking your gem, although it painfully scraped the edges of your gem.  

Than a tall gem walked out of the house, as she was expecting you. You tried to get away, but the pain in your gem stopped you. As you looked down, panicked, you saw that there was a spider web crack that was spreading through it.

The tall gem didn't seem as angry as she did emotionless. A few other gems came rushing out, asking questions until they saw you. You curled up into a ball. You learned on Homeworld to make yourself as big as possible, to scare off enemies. Now you prayed to Yellow Diamond that the making yourself smaller would do the opposite.

The group of gems walked towards, and your theory was proven correct. There were merciful looks that were sent to you. There was one gem that caught your eye. A Peridot. The rest of the gems had a star located somewhere, but the Peridot didn't have one visible.

"It's fear." the tall gem said, directly to you. You looked at her. The shivering feeling. Fear.

"I feel fear." you stated, not knowing what to say. The tall gem picked you up.

"We all do, sometimes. But it's okay. Fear is small." the tall gem said. You didn't understand quite what she said, but the reassuring tone of her voice settled you.

"My name is Garnet, this is Pearl, Amethyst, Peridot, and Steven." Garnet said, pointing to each as she said their name. You didn't understand, not fully.

You felt fear, but the small crowd around you seemed like a barrier.

Over the next years, you learned to master your weapon, the dangerous element of fire. You learned Earth culture, and you learned more and more words.

But fear stuck with her. A powerful motive. You felt fear many times, when Amethyst was poofed, when Homeworld attacked, fear was at it's peak.

Fear.