Weapon

"Is that a weapon?" Peridot asked. Steven showed her his shield, and she flinched away at the sight.

"No. Well, yes..." Steven said, half trailing off. Peridot eyed it with suspicion.

"What is it?" Peridot asked.

"It's a shield." Steven said. Peridot looked at the pattern on the pink shield.

"Don't you know how to summon a weapon?" Steven asked. Peridot looked at Steven, confused.

"No."

*Five days later*

It had been five days, trying to summon her weapon. Steven had an idea what it would be. Maybe something related to her knowledge of technology and science that she was so attached to. Peridot trained hard, doing whatever Steven asked of her and asking the crystal gems for advice whenever she needed it.

"Maybe I don't have a weapon..." Peridot said, downcast. Steven tried to reassure her, but he could tell it wasn't working.

She stood up, ready to leave.

"What?" Peridot asked in surprise. Steven was watching her, wide eyed. Her limb enhancers were back and she had all her, as Steven called them, robo arms back.

"Peridot....You don't have a weapon....You have a whole new body!" Steven said excitedly. He ran over to her, looking at the old limb enhancers. One thing was different.

The yellow diamond that used to be on her chest was now a yellow star.