Part 6

My eyes instantly shoot up to his face. I couldn't hold my sobs in as I stared into his clear, sincere eyes. I fall into his chest, tightly gripping his shirt to hide my face. "(Name)..." He wrapped a protective arm around me and rested his head on mine. "I won't let anyone hurt you, ok?"

"Ok," I smile and nod my head.

"Come on, we're gonna be late."

"Coming." I take his hand and he helps me up.

After class, he and I walked into the school's garden together. "Ah, hola, mi amigos!"

"Toni?" I turn my head and a smiling Spaniard comes into view. I run up to him and throw my arms around his neck. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"We've only been through one class, chica!" He laughs. "I'm going to have to check up on you every five minutes at this rate!"

"Get a room, douchebags," Lovino crosses his arms and turns away from us.

"What's your problem?" I glare at his back. "You were so kind to me earlier, what happened?"

He slightly turns his head back and stares at me. "I don't what you're talking about," he spat. "What a frikin' liar."

"What?!" I gasp. "What happened with the whole senior guy thing?!"

"That was you two?" Toni questioned.

"Yes," I scoff. "That, surprisingly, was us."

"I know the bastardo cares for you, (Name)," Lovino smirks darkly. "I only protected you for him."

"What?" My mind goes blank as his words pierce my heart.

All of this time, he's been kind to me... For Antonio?

"That's right," Lovino places one hand in his back and the other in the air, waving as he made his exit. "I don't care for you."

I watch his back as he leaves the garden. "I'm sorry, (Name)."

I look back at Toni, who has a sad look on his face. "It's not your fault, Antonio."

His eyes look hurt as he hesitantly questions me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. What makes you say that?"

"(Name)," he smiles a sad, all knowing smile. "We've been friends for as long as I can remember."

"Yea, so?"

He walked over to me, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. "Did you really think I wouldn't notice that you only call me 'Antonio' when you are upset?"

As I stare into his green eyes, I realize he's right.

How long have I done that to him?

"I love you," he smiles. "You know that already."

"And I love you," I tightly wrap my arms around his chest.

"I don't think you understand," he sighs. "I mean I really-"

"Oi! Antonio!"

"What now, Alfred?!" Toni yells in annoyance.

"I just wanted to tell ya' the cafeteria is requesting more tomatoes," he used his thumb to point behind him while keeping his gaze on the Spaniard.

Wait-

"You're the senior from before!"

"Oh, you're that girl," he tsked in response. "Is that wrist any better?" He sarcastically teased.

"Yes, it is."

"Well, I have more important things to do, cya."

"Whatever, asshole," I stick my tongue out at him as he retreats the scene.

"I'm not even gonna ask," Toni averts his gaze.

"Anyways, what were you going to say?"

"Nothing," he says. "Nothing at all."