Part 25

That night, I volunteered to stay with Feli. "You don't have to!" He shakes his head.

"I want to." I nod reassuringly. He relaxes and smiles, laying back down. Ludwig stares at me with a conflicted gaze. "If you need anyzhing, I'll be in zhe vaiting room."

Not wanting to worry him, I shake my head. "Oh, no! It's-" Before I could finish, he stalks out the door.

"Don't listen to that bastard." Lovino huffs. "He gets his panties in a wad all the time."

"Be nice, fratello!"

I giggle as I watch the two. "Alright, Lovino. Time to go home!"

"What?" His eyes shoot to me, surprised. "I don't want to leave you here alone."

"I have Feliciano!" I gesture to the bubbly, younger brother. "I'll be ok."

Lovino crosses his arms and leans against the wall with a pout. "I'm not leaving."

"Oh, yes you are!" I laugh, pushing at him to leave. He doesn't move a single inch from that spot. Being that my noodle arms have failed me, I sigh and stand up, placing a hand on my hip. "Go home."

"The drive is too long." He closes his eyes and turns away.

"Go to a hotel."

"Don't have the money."

"Bullshit!"

"Watch your language!" He snaps.

"You're one to talk." I tease, pinching his cheek.

"You do cuss a lot, Lovino." Feliciano adds quietly. Lovino's eyes look hurt as he stares at the floor.

"Fine. I'm out." He stomps towards the door.

"L-Lovino!" I grasp his arm, feeling like my teasing was too much. "I'm sorry."

He turns his head back to me, but rips his arm out of my grasp. "Yea." He opens the door and slams it shut without looking back.

I stand in that spot, my arms still outstretched. I gasp as I feel a hand on my head. "It's ok." Feliciano whispers, ruffling my hair sweetly. "It takes a lot for him to open up."

"I thought I had him figured out." I hiss, pressing my forehead against the door. "I was so wrong."

Feliciano kneels down and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry! Things get better, they always do!"

I stare gratefully up at him and stand, bringing him with me. "Thanks."

He smiles at me, and staggers, his legs giving out. "Whoa!" His arms shoot around my shoulders for support, firmly pressing our bodies together in the process.

"You alright?" I gasp.

"S-Sí!" He whispers, obviously frightened. I rest my head against his shoulder and stroke his back, still holding him up. He sighs into my hair, and lays his cheek down on my head. "I'm ok, now."

"Alright." I smile. "Let's get you back in bed."