Part 20

The fear in my heart grows as I hear those words.

Going back to Italy...

Antonio releases me from his embrace and ruffles my hair. "You could always go with him."

"I-I can't!" I insist. "I'm in my second year of college, finals are coming up. I can't just up and leave!"

Toni senses my torn heart, and turns me around. "You should go back to him." I look up at him with tear filled eyes, and he smiles encouragingly. "Go on. I'm sure he'll tell you soon."

I walk back up the stairs, hesitant to re-enter the room. I quietly open the door and shut it behind me. "What did the bastard want?" He asks from his laying position on his bed.

"Nothing," I whisper. "So, um, anything cool coming up soon?"

"Hmm," he thinks, putting his hands behind his head, "Nope, not that I can think of."

"Ok." I cross my arms and sit next to him. He pushes me down and straddles me. "Lovino?" He smirks and starts to kiss my neck. I tightly grip the sheets, surprised by his sudden move. "W-What is this, all of the sudden?" I whisper. I feel his hot breath on my skin as he laughs. "You just looked so beautiful. Don't judge me, idiota!" He sits up and rolls over next to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him. My back pressed against his chest, I silently imagine what it would be like to not have this warmth in my life. Tears form in my eyes as I see all of those lonely nights; my heart breaks into a trillion pieces.

"O-Oi! Why are you crying?" He asks, concerned.

I quickly wipe away the tears and look at him. "My head hurts, that's all."

"I'm sorry," he kisses my head, snuggling into my hair, "let's just lay here, alright?"

I nod my head, lips trembling.

What will I do without you...

Three hours later, Toni knocks on the door. "Lovino! You promised we'd go watch the soccer game!"

"I'm trying to sleep, bastardo!" He grumbles, nuzzling into my hair.

"But," Toni quietly peaks through the crack in the door, "you promised..."

"Ok, ok!" He sighs.

"I'm guessing this is a guy's night out?" I laugh. Lovino nods and Antonio smiles.

"Don't worry, I invited Emma over!"

"Oh, yay!" I clap my hands. "Thanks, Toni!"

"No problem!" He winks.

Emma is Toni's girlfriend. She and I have so much in common! Especially since we're dating these two special idiots.

I smile sweetly as Lovino grabs his jacket and begins to follow Antonio out the front door. "H-Hey!" He turns around and looks at me, confused. "You forgot something." He rolls his eyes and walks back to me. He grabs my shoulders and presses his lips against mine.

"I-I love you." He whispers.

I stare into his emerald green eyes. "I love you, too."