Part 11

When I opened my eyes, my vision was greeted by darkness. "H-How long was I out?" I look over to where Lovino was, and find his chair empty.

He said he'd be here when I woke up...

I get out of the bed and walk into the hallway. I tip toe to the living room, and see Lovino sitting on the couch, talking to someone on his phone.

"You shouldn't run away like that! Just come home! It's dangerous out there!" His eyebrows furrow and he shouts into the small piece of technology. "Stop fucking pouting! Don't you dare do anything rash!" I watch in silence as he stands and grabs his coat, pulling his shoes on. "Antonio, if you do one thing that you would regret, I'm going to kill you." He hangs up the phone, placing it in the basket next to the door, and storms out the house.

What's going on...?

I step out into the open quietly, even though I know I'm alone. I hesitantly walk to the door, picking up Lovino's phone. I turn it on, and unlock it.

No lock?

I go through his phone history, and find over thirty calls directed towards Toni in the last hour. "I'm so confused..." I turn his phone off and return it to the basket. I walk over to the couch and fall back onto it. "I guess I'll have to wait until they come back."

I turn on the tv and a news report comes on. "A man gone haywire is killing people left and right in the county of Thames!"

"Oh my god!" My thoughts instantly went back to what Lovino said.

Don't you dare do anything rash!

I grab my coat and run out of the house. My run is cut to a jog for my ankle, but I pushed on.

What the hell is he thinking?!

Tears well up in my eyes just thinking about Antonio. "What could've made him so upset?" As I turn the corner, a hear shouts and pleads. My gaze shoots in the direction of the voices, and I see strange man holding Antonio hostage. "No!" I rush towards them, but another person gets there first.

"Don't you dare touch my cousin!" Lovino jumps on the man's back, pulling him to the ground. The man points his guns at the two while Toni stands there, not moving.

If he doesn't move, he'll get killed!

"Toni!" I call to him, desperate for his attention. "Come here! Please!"

His green eyes follow my voice and make eye contact with me. "(Name)...?" Tears fall from his eyes and he crumples to his knees. "Stay away!" I run over to him and attempt to grab his hand, but he pushes me away. "Leave!"

"How could you even think about hurt in my cousin, bastard!" Lovino remains uncalled as he punches the man in the face in a fit of rage. "That is unforgivable!"

"Toni, please!" I wrap my arms around his shaking body. "Come on, you'll get hurt!"

"You wouldn't care if I got hurt or not!" He cried. "You don't care about me!"

"What?!" I lightly slap his cheek in disbelief. "Toni, you are the most important person in my life!" His eyes stare into mine like a lovesick child.

"You mean that...?"

"With all my heart!" I embrace him tightly again, and he wraps his arms around my back.

"Thank you," he whispers lovingly into my ear. "That gives me enough courage to do this." As Toni spins me around, a gunshot echoes around the area. His hands fall from my waist and he falls limp in my arms. "Y-You ok?" He asks me, gasping for air. I frantically nod my head in a panic as he closes his eyes. "Good..."

"Don't!" I shake his shoulders.

"Antonio!" Lovino kicks the man in the stomach, and comes running. "What's wrong?!"

I remained silent as I stared at my friend in horror.

He took a shot for me...

The police caught the man thanks to Lovino. The ambulance arrived and took care of Antonio, stopping the bleeding. As the they loaded Toni into the ambulance, Lovino slung his arm over my shoulders, attempting to comfort me. "Stop crying," he said. "I'm sure he'll be fine."

"He protected me..." The tears that fell from my eyes hit the road, creating a small stream down the hill. "He almost died for me, and you're telling me to stop crying?!" I shove Lovino away from me and run up the road, ignoring my ankle pain, into a thickly wooded section.

"(Name), come back!" His footsteps rush after me, but I squeeze myself into a small hole in a bush, one I'm sure he wouldn't fit into.

"Go away!" I scream as I run farther. "I hate you!"

Lovino's POV

"Go away!" (Name) screams as she runs deeper into the woods. "I hate you!" My footsteps fade to a complete stop. My eyes wide, her words echo inside my head.

What is this? Why do I feel so hurt?

My hands ball into fists and my teeth tightly clench together. Tears form in the corners of my eyes, but I blink them away as I make my way back to the ambulance. "What's wrong...?" Antonio weakly ask, his eyes barely open.

"I made a mistake," I reply as I glare at the floor of the ambulance. "And now, (Name) hates me."

"S-She's just upset," he reassures me. "I did something stupid. But for her, I'd die a thousand times." I stare at him in silence, angered disbelief rising in my chest.

"Why would you die for her? She doesn't return your feelings!"

"Yea, I know," he chuckles softly, cringing at the pain in his side. "She is my best friend; and I know she loves me for who I am. But," he raises an eyebrow suspiciously at me. "I also know someone who would miss her dearly."

How can you remain so happy at a time like this, Antonio?

A small smile spreads across my face as I stare at my stupid friend. "Whatever, bastard."