Part 12

Tears stream down my face as I run head first into the thick woods. I don't look back as I take twists and turns through the roots and branches. My ankle feels like it's about to break, but I keep going.

Where is that old trail?

The trail that leads me back home was me and Antonio's secret trail when we were little. We used to come into the woods to go in the treehouse, and play games like house. I was always the mom, and Toni always played the loving dad. He would hold me in his arms and tell me how much he loved me. I thought it was just part of the game when he kissed me that one time.

"(Name)..." He closed his eyes and leaned in. I followed suit as I felt his soft lips overlap mine. We stood there for a second before separating. "I love you."

I smiled back it him. "Of course, the dad always loves the mom!" I start to pick up the toys our "child" had left out on the floor. Toni looked at me sadly, "Yea. The dad always loves the mom."

I didn't realize he meant it until just before. "How could I have been so blind?!" I pull at my hair as my mental state nearly collapses on itself. "I've hurt him so much, yet he still stays with me!"

Lovino's POV

I sit in the waiting room while the doctor's operate on Antonio. "Are you sure there's nothing I can do?"

"Nothing at all," I snap at the nurse. "I just want to be alone."

"Sir," she whispers, "Your cousin will not get out if the hospital tonight. Is there anyone you can call to come and get you?"

I stand up in anger as the nurse questions me. "I'm from Italy, woman! Unless you want my relatives swimming across the Atlantic, there's no one!"

"Ah, I see. I'll have them arrange a car for you, then." She smiles, bows her head, and leaves without another word.

"I'm not leaving without my cousin, either," I whisper to myself as I sit back down. I take out my phone, hopeful to find a text or call from (Name).

Nothing. I'm so worried about her...

I dial in her number, and my thumb stops just before pressing 'call'.

Just do it! She might be hurt!

No matter how many times I told myself that, I couldn't call her. "I'll send her a text instead. I'll use the ride thing as an excuse to talk to her."

Hey, idiota. Where are you? Antonio is getting surgery and I'm in the wait

"No," I delete the message instantly, not evening finishing it. "One more try."

Idiota, where are you? Antonio is in with the doctors and I'm waiting for him. I can't stay the night, and he won't be ready to come home by the visitor's closing hour, so can you come and get me?

"That's a little better," I sigh as I press 'send'. I wait in anticipation for her response.

What if she rejects me?? What if I have to walk home?

*Buzz* *Buzz*

I turn my phone on and see (Name's) reply.

Sure. I guess I'll be there in a little bit.

Thanks, bastardo.

Anything for you, dipshit.