Part 18

"Just shut up!" He screams as he throws open the door. "I don't love you, and that's that! Period! End of fucking discussion!" I stare at his face in surprise as I watch the tears fall down his cheeks. "I refuse..."

I embrace him tightly as he sinks to the ground. "Lovino, what are you so against?"

"Every single time I fell in love with someone, they ended up leaving me," he trembles, "I'm tired of getting hurt."

"Shhh," I rub his back gently, resting my head on his shoulder. "It's ok; I won't ever leave you."

His eyes hesitantly seek contact with mine as he looks at me, "Y-You promise?"

I grasp his hand and put it against my chest. "Do you feel that?" With his eyes wide, he nods slightly. "Only you make my heart beat that fast. No one has ever made me feel like this before."

He retracts he hand and wraps it around my body, pulling me closer. "Thank you so much, (Name). I promise, I won't let you down." He grabs my chin and forces it upwards, leans in, and crashes his lips against my own. I close my eyes as the kiss grows deeper and deeper, each moment getting sweeter than the last. Lovino's hands travel up and down my body, finally resting on my waist before he pulls away. I look up at him in confusion and he turns away, covering his mouth with his arm, a blush clearly visible on his face. "We truly are spiteful lovers..."

"Yea," I whisper as I embrace his chest and smile, "I hate you."

He laughs sweetly before returning my hug. "I hate you, too."