Part 13

Your POV

I had finally found my way out of the woods when Lovino texted me, asking for a ride home. Being the nice person I am, I agreed, and went to my house. I wrapped my ankle once more, disposing of the old bandage, an went to go pick up the Italian. As I drove up, I saw his figure outside the entrance, staring at the stars. "Hey," I call as I pull up. "Need a ride?"

His eyes snap to me and he gasps. "You scared me, bastardo!"

"Good," I smile an he gets in the passenger seat. "So, how is Toni doing?"

"He had sever depression," Lovino sighs as he buckles himself in. "And they operated to get the bullet out. Everything's fine."

I breath a sigh of relief while I waited for my turn to exit the hospital parking lot.

This is really awkward...

I move my gaze to Lovino, and find he's looking at me. My eyes snap to the road, and my cheeks flare up. "W-What?"

"I'm sorry."

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry I told you to stop crying," he says through his clenched teeth. "It hurts me to see you cry. I didn't want you to be sad, ok?"

Seeing how much of his pride he had to ignore in order to say those things, I decide to accept his apology. "It's ok. I overreacted and I'm sorry for that."

"It's fine," he sighs. He stares out the window before I break the silence. "You like the stars?"

"Yea. They remind me of home." Lovino whispers as he places his hand on the window.

"Home, huh?" Lovino curtly nods his head. "Well, I know a place you'll absolutely love, in that case." I switch courses and make a u-turn, speeding down an old road.

"S-Slow down, idiota!" He screams as he holds on to the bar hanging from the cieling.

"Have some fun!" I laugh, staring at the dirt road before me. After going over hills and curving along twists and turns, we finally make it to the destination I had in mind. "Here we are!"

Lovino follows me as I get out of the car, running to the top of the cliff. "You idiot! Don't get to close!" He grabs my shirt involuntarily, and I look back at him. His cheeks blush a fiery red, and he lets go. "S-Sorry."

"It's fine!" I ruffle his hair. I take his hand and slowly bring him to the edge. I sit down and let my feet dangle over the water. I gesture to the spot next to me and Lovino joins me.

"What is this place?"

"It's the place my brother and I used to go when our parents were fighting at home," I smile as I lay my head down on the soft grass. "He took such good care of me."

Lovino laid back as well, staring a me intently. "He took?"

"Yea," I reply, a sad smile adorning my face, "He took. Past tense."

"I'm sorry," he placed his hand gently on mine, grasping it tightly. "You didn't deserve to be in such a situation."

"It's ok," I reassure him by squeezing his hand. "It wasn't all that bad."

"How so?"

"I created so many memories with my family. Then, after I turned 9, my parents just started to argue non-stop. My brother, Nikolai, who was 17 at the time, drove me here. We used to gaze at the stars and listen to the sound of the ocean." I close my eyes, listening to the waves. "Nikolai moved in with a couple of his friends, and stopped coming around the house as often as he used to. Then, one day, he got into a tragic car accident."

Noticing how painful it was to tell this story, Lovino caressed my cheek. "You don't have to tell me."

"You deserve to know," I whisper, a tear trickling down my cheek. "My parents stopped fighting while he was in the hospital, but Nikolai passed due to head trauma and loss of blood. My parents blamed each other, saying that if the other parent hadn't fought so much, Nikolai would still be here." I shut my eyes as tight as I could, remembering my brother.

"It's ok, (Name). Antonio and I will always be here for you."

I slowly open my eyes, and see Lovino straddling me, his hands by my head. He leans down, and gently captures my lips. My eyes are wide with shock, but I kiss him back. After parting, he lays down beside me once again. "T-Thanks, Lovino."

"Anything for you," he smirks, "dipshit."