Part 26

I spent that whole night, watching over Feliciano: but I only thought of his brother, my boyfriend. The hurt look in his eyes tore my heart open, but I knew it was for the best. He hasn't been sleeping well since he arrived in Italy, so I had to give him this chance.

As I sit there, pondering my existence, I hear a soft rapping on the door. I tip-toe over to it and crack it open. "Yes?"

"It's Ludvig. I zhought you might be hungry, so I brought you a snack."

I fully open the door and find Ludwig with a tray of snacks in his hands. "O-Oh, am I supposed to eat all of this?"

His cheeks turn red and he averts his gaze. "I didn't know vhat kind of foods you like."

"That's ok, I-"

"Anyvays, how is Feliciano?" He asks, changing the subject while peering into the room. I step to the side and allow him to come in.

"He's been sleeping this whole time."

"Zhat's good." The German smiles softly and sits down in the chair next to Feliciano. I lean against the wall, quietly opening the strawberry flavored sparkling water, and staring at his expression. He noticed my gaze and turns to me. "Vhat is it?"

"How long have you two known eachother?"

He rests his elbows on his knees and his chin in his palm, going back to looking at the sleeping Italian. "Maybe, two, zhree years?"

"Where did you meet?"

"A training camp."

"Why were you in a camp?"

"Ve bozh vork for zhe military, so be attended zhe same camp."

"I see." I nod my head before sipping my drink. "Why are you so attached to him?"

His eyes shoot to me again, and he stutters. "I-I don't care for him zhat much."

"Yea?" I raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Ja." He curtly nods his head, slicked back hair, rosy cheeks, and all.

"That's bull, Ludwig," I giggle softly, walking over to him. I pat his head, and he flinches under my touch. "I see the way you look at him," His eyes grow wide, giving off a mesmerized vibe. "And that's ok, I know he cares for you too."

He smiles lightly and looks back at Feliciano. "I hope you're right."

I take my hand from his head, and notice that a strand of hair had come out of place. "Oh, no!"

"Vhat?"

"I messed up your hair," I bite my lip in worry and bend down so we are eye-to-eye. "I'll fix it!" His cheeks then red as he stares into my eyes with his clear, frosty, blue ones. My fingers brush through his hair, attempting to put it back in place.

"(Name)? Ludwig?" A small yawn sounds from behind us. We both gasp, and I take a huge step away from Ludwig.

"Feliciano?" I whisper.

"Mhm," He nods. "What were you doing, just now?"

"I-"

"She vas fixing my hair," Ludwig explains.

"Oh, that's all?" He whispers groggily.

"Yes," I walk over and stroke his hair to comfort him.

"Good," the corners of his lips turn upwards in a lopsided smile. "I don't want you two to get too close."

"Why?" I tilt my head.

"B-Because... I-" before he could finish, his snores reached our ears.

"What a strange guy," I smile, pressing my lips to his forehead, kissing away the bad dreams.

Ludwig didn't answer, so I assumed he agreed with me. What I didn't know, is that he had closed his eyes and turned away from Feliciano and I, a sharp pain in his heart.