Part 19

Five months later, Lovino and I are tight as can be. We never do anything without each other. Toni was admitted out of the hospital, and made a full recovery; he even started dating one of the nurses.

*Ding* *Dong*

I ring Toni's doorbell and he rushes to the door. "Hola, (Name)! What brings my beautiful little sister here, today?"

"Oh, I'm your little sister now?" I giggle as he let's me in. He rolls his eyes and gestures towards the stairs. "He's up in his room."

"Thanks!" I walk up the stairs, tightly grasping the strap of my bag. I stand in front of Lovino's door, hesitating.

What are you so afraid of? It's normal for a girlfriend to give her boyfriend a present, right?

I stare at the small box in my hand.

I know it's the guy's job to give the girl a promise ring, but I think it might help Lovino to know there's solid proof I'll never leave him.

I raise my shaking hand and knock on the door. A small hum comes from the other side, asking who it is. "It's me!" As the words leave my mouth, the door is thrown open and I'm tackled to the ground. "W-Whoa!"

"(Name)!" Lovino rubs his cheek against the top of my chest. "I'm so glad you're here!"

"So am I," I whisper, kissing his forehead, "What are you so happy about, though?"

His eyes spark in joy as he stands and helps me up. "I have to show you something!" He pulls me by my hand into his room, and locks the door behind us. He sits down on his bed, tugging my arm, making me fall into his lap. He rests his chin on my head, and crosses his legs. His arms wrap comfortably around my stomach, and I lay back against his chest. "What is it you wanted to show me?" I listen to his heart speed up as he remains silent. "Lovino?" I look up and see his face is best red, his eyes averted towards the door. "What is it?"

"You bastardo! I wanted to show you this..." He whispers. "I was doing some research, and found this is the most comfortable way to hold your love."

My lip trembles as I turn around and wrap my arms an legs around him. "Lovino!" I squeeze him tight as he rubs my back. "I love you so much!"

"I love you, too." He says, kissing my ear. After that, we played Mario Kart and some other stupid kid's games. Lovino pouted every time he lost, but I always gave him a kiss as a reward for not getting angry.

"(Name)!" Toni calls up for me.

"Sí?!" I yell back as I battle Lovino in Super Smash Bros.

"Come here real quick!"

"Coming!" I pat Lovino's head and walk from the room. I go down the stairs and into the kitchen to find Toni in his tomato apron. "Sup?"

"By the look on your face, I can tell he hasn't told you yet." He sighs.

"Told me what?" I cross my arms and walk over to him.

"Nothing. If he hasn't told you, then he must not want you to know."

My breath get's caught in my throat. "Antonio, you're scaring me..."

His eyes shoot to me in concern. His facial expression looks torn and nervous. "Ok, ok! Don't cry." He wraps me in his arms and holds me tight. "I'm so sorry, (Name)..." I hide my face in his chest in fear. His arms squeeze me tighter as he whispers, "Lovino is going back to Italy."