Part 9

Lovino carries me to his room, me in arms and bandages in his hands. Just as Toni was about to enter the room behind us, the Italian slammed the door and locked it. "U-Umm..."

"Here, I'll set you down," he smiles softly as he places me in his bed. "Sit still."

I did as I was ordered and held my ankle out to him. "It's pretty bad," he sighed as he wrapped it softly in the bandages. "Why were you so worried, idiota?"

He stared right at me as he asked. I turned away and attempted to answer. "I-I honestly don't know."

He raised in eyebrow and stopped wrapping my injury. "You don't know?"

"Nope," I shake my head. "Not a clue as to why I was so worried."

Lovino looked away in defeat and turned his gaze to my ankle. "Alright. I won't press you any further." I watched in silence as he wrapped the bandages around. "There, all done." I stared at the wrapped injury, slightly moving it around.

"Thanks, Lovino."

"Don't mention it." He stood and started walking towards the door.

"W-Wait!" My hand reached out and caught his sleeve, stopping him dead in his tracks.

"U-Uh..." He looked back at me with a blush on his face. "Yea?"

"I-I'm sorry," I hesitantly retracted my hand and stared at the ground. "My body moved on it's own..."

"I see," his expression displays a feeling of sorrow an disappointment as he walked to the door and slowly opened it. "I'm sorry."

I stare in surprise as he closes the door. I sit there for what feels like forever before I lay down. A pleasant scent fills my nose, and I search for the end of its scent trail. My nose hits the sheets covering the bed. "It smells so nice..." I cover myself with the blanket, engulfing my body in its scent. I place his pillow in my face and lay there in silence.

"What the fuck are you doing to my pillow?!" A voice screams as the door creaks open.

"What?!" I throw the pillow away and shoot up. "I-I was trying to b-block out the sun!"

"Yea, right," he scoffs as he places the tray down on the nightstand. "I made this for you."

"You made this? For me?" He curtly nods his head in response. "What is it?"

"Tomato soup. What else?"

He picks the bowl up and dips the spoon in. He moves the spoon to my mouth "Say 'ahhh'"

"N-No!" I turn my face away, blush on my cheeks. "I'm a big girl, I can feed myself!"

"I'm the reason you got hurt, so let me help you."

My gaze returns to him and settles on his soft smile. "Let me feed you."

"O-Ok," I hesitantly open my mouth. "A-Ahhh!"

"Good girl," he chuckles as he places the spoon in my mouth. "How is it?"

As I swallow the warm soup, my taste buds dance in joy. "It's delicious, Lovino!"

"Thank you."

"I didn't know you were such a great cook!" I compliment with a smile. He merely dips the spoon back into the bowl and raises it to my lips in response.

After finishing the soup, Lovino stayed in the room to keep me company. He insisted I get some rest, so I tried to go to sleep. He lays his head on the bed and I turn my back to him.

I can't sleep while he's here watching me!

"H-Hey, Lovino?" I whisper as I turn to him.

"Hm?" His head raises from the bed and he groggily looks at me.

"G-Grazie di tutto, il mio amico."

His eyes shoot open and he sits up. "You know Italian!"

"Yes, I do." I hide my blushing face behind my hair.

"That's amazing, I had no idea..." I gasp as he reaches out and grasps my hand tightly. He places his other hand on my chest and pushes me down on the bed. I close my eyes reflexively as he bends over me. "Go to sleep, you need rest." He whispers as he kisses my forehead. "I'll be right here when you wake up."