Part 23

A few days later, I boarded the plane, and I landed in Italy. The vibrant colors and the smiling faces of the people brought joy to my heart.

No wonder Lovino is so kind! He grew up in such a wonderful place!

*Ring*

"Hm?" I'm snapped out of my daydream as my phone starts to ring and vibrate in my pocket. "Hello?"

"Ciao."

"Lovi!" My lips curl into a smile involuntarily.

"Don't call me that." He growls.

"I'm sorry," I giggle, "I'm in Italy!"

"You are?"

"Yea! Where are you?"

He sighs loudly. "Still in the hospital."

"Oh." I avert my gaze from the street sign. "H-How do I get there?"

"Are you still near the airport?"

"Mhm."

"Alright. I'll come to get you."

A sleepy voice is heard in the background. "Fratello? Who are you talking to?"

"No one, Feliciano. I'll be right back."

"N-No! Don't leave me!"

"I'm sorry, (Name). I don't think I can come to get you."

"How am I supposed to get there then, Lovino?" I ask, starting to panic.

"Don't worry," he reassures me, "I'll send one of the hospital staff. Stay where you are."

"Alright," I smile, "I love you."

He gasps a little. "I-I love-"

"Who do you love, fratello? Is that your girlfriend?"

"N-No, Feliciano! Go back to sleep!"

"Bye, Lovi." I laugh.

"Ciao."

I sit down on the bench, watching all of the people walk past. After about half an hour, I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Hallo, miss."

"O-Oh, hi!" I stand up and make eye contact with frosty blue eyes. "Whoa."

"Vhat?" He asks.

"Y-You're not one of the hospital staff, are you?"

"Nein," he shakes his head, "I'm a friend of Feliciano."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I giggle, scratching the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"It's ok. Lovino doesn't really like me."

"I see." He takes my bags and starts to walk. "Are we leaving?"

"Ja. Are you able to valk?"

"Yes!" I smile and follow after him. We walk through the streets of the small town in Italy. "So, what's your name?"

"I'm Ludvig."

"Ludvig?"

He shakes his head. "No, Ludvig."

"That's what I said," I insist, "Ludvig."

He laughs a little. "It's zhe accent, isn't it? It's Ludvig, vizh a 'w'."

"Oh, Ludwig?"

"Ja." He nods his head.

"Oh, ok!"

"Anyvays, here ve are." He says, and I turn my gaze up, expecting to see a hospital, but I see a train station. "Ve have to take zhis, and it stops right in front of zhe hospital."

"Alright." I nod my head, stepping into the train. Ludwig walks in after me, still carrying all of my luggage. We stand in the alleyway, since all of the seats were taken. As the train starts to move, our bodies jerk along with the movements. "Whoa!" Not used to the way to train wobbles on the tracks, I fall face first into Ludwig's chest.

"You alright?" He asks, helping me back to my feet.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine. Thanks!" I smile, brushing myself off. I look at Ludwig out of the corner of my eye, and see his rosy cheeks as he turns away.

Huh...