Part 10

Lovino's POV

As (Name) sleeps, I watch her in silence. My hand lightly gliding across her cheek, caressing her hair.

Why did it have to be you?

I place my chin on the bed, gaze never leaving her face. Her eyelashes are so long, her lips look so soft-

NO! I sit up frantically, turning away and crossing my arms. What am I thinking?

As my face turns red, a soft rapping is heard on the door. Antonio peeks his head in, quietly whispering, "Is she sleeping?"

I glare daggers at him as I walk over to him. I push him outside the door, closing the door behind me as I join him in the hall.

"I-" I grab his collar and shove him against the wall.

"Why did you have to scare her like that?!"

"Lovino, listen-"

"I won't! You scared her to death!" I grit my teeth in anger. "You hurt her."

Antonio's green eyes from tears in their corners, his lips quivering. "I didn't know she'd worry so much."

His expression broke my heart, and I let him go, shoving my hands in my pockets. "Well, don't do it ever again." With tears streaming down his face, he asks, "You love her too, don't you?"

My gaze shoots to him in surprise. "W-What? No, never. And what do you mean by 'too'?" He walks over to the door, softly placing his hand on it.

"I've loved her for a long time," he whispers, "Whenever I would try to tell her, she would take as a 'your my best friend' I love you."

"She hurt you bad, huh?"

He brings his forehead to the white wood, sliding down to the floor. "Sí, she crushed my heart," I pat his shoulder as he quietly sobs. "But, when you love someone so much you can't live without them, you have to let them go."

"Antonio, you can't just give up! You never know, she-"

"I've tried, Lovino." He smiles at me. "I really have." He stands, ruffles my hair, and walls down the hallway. I watch his back as he makes his way towards the door, grabbing his keys and leaving the house.

That must suck; to be hurt by the girl you love.

I softly walk back into the room, sitting down again, watching (Name).

I wouldn't know how that feels, though.

I think as I glare at her.

She hurt my only friend.

Her lips curl into a smile as she dreams.

I will never be rejected by you.

She reaches out, and tightly grasps my hand, pulling it to her chest. She snuggles into my arm and sighs.

I won't ever let you hurt me.

My face heats up while I desperately try to pull my arm away from her.

I refuse to fall in love.

Especially if it's with you.