Part 54

Lovino, Lukas, and I all sit around the table, the beautiful bowl of pasta steaming in the middle. "Where do you think Emil is?" Lukas speaks up.

"I don't know," Lovino shrugs. "He left two hours ago."

"Hmm..." I tap my chin. "You guys eat. I'll wait for him."

Their eyes open wide, which was unusual for them both. "Really?" Hazel eyes stare back at me.

"You sure?" Deep blue eyes question.

"Yea," I smile back. "It's alright!"

"Ok..." They give each other a weird look and begin serving themselves. I wait by the window, staring out into the darkness, waiting for my silver haired brother to come home.

Finally, at around ten-thirty that night, Emil walks through the door out of breath. "Where were you?" I ask, picking leaves and twigs out of his hair.

"I saw Ivan," he says with a smile. "He brought me to this hill, it had a bunch of flowers and beautiful trees. I laid down in the grass, and we watched the sun fall out of the sky together."

I pinch his cheeks, "Don't try to hide behind a smile, my love."

"Hide what?" He asks.

"We try to hide our feelings, but we forget our eyes can speak," I whisper, pressing our foreheads together.

His eyes start to water, and he wraps his arms around my shoulders, nestling into the crook of my neck. "I love you, (Name). I love you so much. I missed you when you went to college."

"I love you, too, Emil. You are so strong."

"No, you're stronger," he sniffles. "You came back from Italy, just to see me. You risked your relationship with Lovino, the man you love, for your dumb little brother who you're stuck with for the rest of your life."

"You're not my dumb little brother," I kiss his cheek. "That's Lukas."

He laughs, wiping tears from his eyes. "Your dumb baby brother, then."

"There you go, champ," I wrap my arm around his shoulders, pulling him to me again. "My dumb baby brother, who I'd never abandon."

"I'm so glad to hear that."

After sitting and eating with Emil, I bring him to his room, kissing his forehead goodnight. "See you in the morning."

"Love you."

"Love you, too."

I walk back to my room, to find Lovino sprawled out over my bed shirtless. "What the hell? You have a room of your own..." I mutter under my breath as I grab my pajamas and change. Lovino doesn't stir as I pull my shirt over my head, and crawl into bed, pushing him closer to the wall. "Move, you fatass."

"Shut up," he wraps his arms around my waist, snuggling into my hair.

He's half asleep...

"What do you have against my butt?"

Toni flashes into my mind. I know how mad he'd get at someone insulting his butt. "Nothing at all. In fact, I like it."

"What?" His eyes snap open, and he stares at me.

"I knew that would wake you up!" I laugh, slapping a hand to his shoulder. He winces at the sound, but chuckles in a groggy voice.

"Whatever. Go to sleep."

"Yea, ok." I wait until he's asleep, and crawl out my bedroom window onto the roof. I lay down, resting on my back, and gaze at the stars. "The sun loved the moon so much, that he-"

"Died every night, just to let her breathe."

I jump, and realize Lovino had followed me out. "I thought you were asleep?"

"It got cold when you left," he shrugs. I eye him up and down: he was only wearing shorts, and had a light blanket around his shoulders.

"Isn't it colder out here?"

He grabs my hips, and forces me into his lap. His arms snake around my waist, and he rests his chin on my head. "No. What makes you say that?"

I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder, staring up at the stars. "They're beautiful."

"Yea," I feel him nod. "Look, there's the Big Dipper!" He points, but I can't find it. "And there's Polaris, the North Star."

"I can't see them, Lovino!" I laugh at his adorable attempts to show me where the constellations were.

"Well, I think Pisces is way cooler. It's in the great celestial sea!"

That night, I fell asleep in his warm embrace, listening to him talk about the twinkling stars that guarded our world.