Part 37

The next morning, I groggily place my feet on the floor. "What happened last night?" I whisper as I place a hand on my aching head.

"You provoked me. Take responsibility."

I sharply inhale, and I whip around to see a shirtless Lovino. "W-We didn't!"

"Hmm?" His eyes peek open, and he uses his arm to block the sun. "What's wrong?"

"D-Did we-"

"The last thing I did to you was dry your hair," he sighs, looking hurt. "Nothing else happened."

I breathed a sigh of relief, and I placed a hand on his cheek. "What's wrong?"

"You act like your happy we didn't do anything," his shoulders tremble.

"It's not that," I reassure him, placing a kiss on his forehead. "I would've been heart broken if we had gone farther, and I didn't remember it."

His eyes open wide and his eyebrows furrow into a glare. "You idiot!" He whisper yells as his arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me back into bed.

"Lovino!" I whine. "I'm hungry!"

"So am I, but I'd rather lay with you," he growls as he hides his face in my hair. His breath sends chills up my spine, and I feel his chest rise and fall against my back.

"Hey, Lovino?"

"Hm?"

"I love you."

"I-I love you too." His arms squeeze me tighter, and his lips brush against my neck. As I clap a hand over my mouth to hold in a gasp, a knock sounds from the door. "Lovi, (Name), I made churros for breakfast!" Toni walks into the room with a smile, and my heart stops. I push Lovino away, and I fall off the bed.

"What do you want, tomato bastard?"

"Just thought you wanted some churros," he winks as he holds out two of the cinnamon and sugar rolled pastries. "I also have some tostadas downstairs for you when you're ready!"

"Oi! You're getting sugar all over the floor!" Lovino barks as he snatched the churros away from Toni.

"Ah, sorry, mi primo!" The Spaniard laughs as my boyfriend drags him from the room. "Come join us when you're dressed, hermanita!"

"Sí!" I call from my spot on the ground. "Gosh, that was so embarrassing." I change into a red flannel shirt, black leggings, and have some brown ankle boots ready just in case. I walk down the stairs as I hold a hair tie in my mouth, putting my hair into a messy bun.

"Mornin', darling!" Emma squeals as she wraps her arms around my shoulders. I reach up and pat her head with a smile.

"Morning, shorty."

"Hey!" She pats my back a little too hard as she grits her teeth. "You're only two inches taller than me!"

"And Toni is 5'10," I wink, sticking out my tongue.

"Well, Lovino is only 5'9!"

"Excuse me?!" He chokes on his churro. "I am 5 feet, 9 inches, and 3 quarters!"

"Same thing," Emma waves off his outburst. "But I'm not that short."

I place my hand on the side of my mouth and whisper just loud enough for her to hear me. "5'4 is pretty short, don't you think?" Lovino nods his head curtly as he takes a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Hey!" She smacks me upside the head and I laugh. "You're so mean, (Name)!"

"Aw, you know I love ya, Em!"

"Yea, yea."

"Ciao, everyone!" Feli waves as he walk in through the front door, followed by Ludwig.

"Where did you guys go?" I smirk, crossing my arms.

"Zhis dummkopf insisted on going to zhe marketplace to get fresh ingredients for dinner, tonight," Ludwig scoffs as he gestures to Feliciano.

"I got more pasta!" He smiles, holding up the three full bags hanging from his arms. "I also got some spices and sausage!"

"Sounds delicious!" Emma claps her hands. Toni hugs her from behind, and they both giggle.

As I watch them, my phone begins to ring. I take my phone out of my pocket and read the name displayed on the screen. "Hello?"

"(Name)!"

"Grandma? What's wrong?" I rush out of the kitchen, and run to the fountain stationed at the front of the house.

"I-It's your brother!"

My heart pounds as I listen to her speak. "What happened to him?!"

"Emil was in an accident! And he's not-"

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I-I didn't have the heart," he voice cracks as she whispers. "I didn't want to ruin your time in Italy."

"Never mind that," I say. "Is he ok?"

"He isn't getting any better," she cries. "We brought him to the hospital about a month ago, and Lukas has been working hard to provide money for us." My head begins to hurt as I imagine the strain my older brother is going through, just to provide for us, while I'm vacationing in Italy. "But he just isn't healing! If we don't get enough money soon, they'll discharge Emil, and he'll die!"

"D-Don't worry! I'll find a job, I'll do something!" Tears well up in my eyes, just imaging how much pain my little brother is going through. "I'll be on the next flight to America."

"N-No, dear!"

"I'm coming back, and that is final," I growl. "I love you guys too much to even lose one of you."

She stays silent for a few seconds before replying with, "We love you too."