Part 28

"You're not going after him?" Feliciano tilts his head as I sit down next to the bed.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I'm not going to apologize this time," I grit my teeth, clenching my fists. "It was a frikin misunderstanding! He wouldn't even let me speak!"

"I-I'm sorry," the Italian twiddles his thumbs, looking down at his lap.

"It's fine," I sigh.

All of a sudden, Ludwig bursts through the door. "Good news!"

"What?!" I jump out of the seat, into a ninja pose, ready to defend myself. Ludwig stops short an stares at me with a raised eyebrow. I put my leg and arms down, stuffing my hand coolly into my pockets. "As you were saying?"

"A-Anyvays," he shakes his head, getting back on topic, "zhey're letting Feliciano out of zhe hospital today!"

I clap my hands with a smile, and turn back to Feliciano. "You here that? You can go home!"

Tears well up in his eyes as he whispers to me, repeating my words. "I can go... Home..."

"Yea!"

"I can go home!" He jumps out of his bed, and runs to Ludwig and I. He wraps his arms around my shoulders, and Ludwig's torso. "Grazie, you two," he says with a smile, "because of you guys, I was able to stay strong!"

"No problem."

"Ja," Ludwig grins. He takes his hand out from behind his back, revealing neatly folded clothes. "I figured you might need zhese."

"Thanks!" He takes them and presses them to his chest before running to the bathroom.

I stare at the door with a smile, and I feel a hand gently places on my shoulder. "Zhank you for staying vizh him, (Name)."

"It wasn't a problem!" I turn and look up at him with sincere eyes. His hand moves to my waist, and he pulls me closer. "O-Oh!"

"Sorry," he whispers, hugging me tighter, "let me stay like zhis- just a little longer."

I nod and wrap my arms around his shoulders. "You're relieved; nothing to feel ashamed of."

"B-But I-" I raise my hand, placing a finger on his lips to silence him with an all knowing smile. The corners of his lips turn upwards, and he reaches up to ruffle my hair. "Lovino sure is one lucky guy."

"Why is that?" I cross my arms, shifting my weight.

"I'm back!" Feliciano bursts through the door wearing an Italian flag t-shirt, and black skinny jeans. "How do I look, (Name)?"

"Great!" I gush.

"Alright, miei amici," he proudly begins to make his way to the door. "Let's go home!"