Chapter 4: Hunt training

Poppyroot was still very shocked at Winterpaw's great fighting ability. No battles had been started so Poppyroot had decided to take Winterpaw on Hunt training.

"Remember the difference between sensing a rabbit, and sensing a mouse. A rabbit will hear you coming if you aren't quiet, and a mouse will feel or smell you coming if you don't put your weight on your haunches and stay downwind. Now, give it a try!" Poppyroot instructed Winterpaw at the Hunt training area.

There is two seperate areas. The Hunt training area which was almost right next to the camp on the left, and the Battle training area which was almost right next to the camp on the right.

Winterpaw tasted the air for the scent of prey, quickly scenting two rabbits downwind. It is good to be downwind for a rabbit, even if they usually don't use their smell often. Winterpaw crouched into a rabbit hunting crouch and stalked closer to the rabbit scent.

The two rabbits where right in front of her now, one bigger and one smaller. They didn't know she was there yet. Then, quickly, Winterpaw lunged at the rabbits, striking one in the neck and cleanly killing it and biting the other on its back, and breaking it's spine, making it go limp and die. 

Winterpaw proudly dragged the rabbits back to Poppyroot, dropping them at his paws.

"Did I do good?" 

"Perfect! You did perfectly!" Poppyroot exclaimed.

Winterpaw was bursting with pride at the compliment she had just recieved. 

"Lets go back to camp. It seems that if you can hunt rabbits, you can hunt anything!" Poppyroot said excitedly, this time letting her lead the way back to camp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keeping track of her abilities? So far, it is Seeing, Fighting, and Hunting! But believe me, there are plenty more things she can do! Comment on what you think is another ability of hers, and please vote! =3