Chapter 7: Attack!

Winterpaw's pov

The clan cats ran as fast as they could through the forest, leaping rocks and rabbit holes. Winterpaw had heard the screeching and yowling not long after they left the gathering place. The scent was overwhelming too. Darkclan!

Winterpaw and the other cats crashed through the entrance and flung themselves into battle. Darkclan cats where all over the camp. Winterpaw crashed down on top of a Darkclan cat that was trying to claw it's way into the nursery. Thank goodness for the wood and moss that now covered the entrance to the nursery.

The plan had been thought of long ago when there was an attack of foxes that attacked and killed two queens and five kits. There was a blocking shield of wood and moss above the nursery and a long thick bunch of leaves attached to the shield that a queen would pull back to release the shield so that the nursery would be protected.

Winterpaw dug her claws into the black cat and threw him away from the nursery before he could claw the shield down.

Suddenly, two massive cats came down on Winterpaw, slashing at her in turn. Winterpaw then felt a third cat slam into her back and dig his claws into her. In attempt to throw him off she twisted and turned but the cat had a really tight grip. 

In one last attempt to get him off, she turned her head back and bit into his paw but he just dug in harder. Then, she gave a yowl and fell to the ground. Then, everything went black.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featherpaw's pov

Featherpaw slashed at a blue tom that was attempting to destroy the medicine den. The tom gave a yowl and backed away. She saw Winterpaw fighting a tom near the nursery, he had been trying to get in.

A cat then, somehow made his way in the medicine den and was scattering the herbs and clawing at them. Featherpaw leaped around and flung herself at the cat, knocking him out of the den and making it flee. 

She saw the fleeing cat look at Winterpaw and crash into her along with another cat. Then another cat leaped on her back. Featherpaw screeched and started running to her sister in attempt to help her but a large gray she-cat blocked her path and knocked her away from Winterpaw. 

Then Suddenly, Winterpaw was overwhelmed. She yowled and fell to the ground. No! Featherpaw screamed in her mind. Standing up, she hurled herself to her sister and turned into a mad clawing frenzy. The cat's attacking Winterpaw stopped and where quickly thrown away from Winterpaw.

Featherpaw had never fought so hard in her life. She kept the cats away from Winterpaw until a brown she-cat called the retreat call and all the Darkclan cats fled the camp. Then Featherpaw turned to Winterpaw.

"Winterpaw?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about this chapter? Is Winterpaw dead or alive? You'll never know... until you read the next chapter! XD Also note that I will not put names of chapters after chapter 10. Just think about it, spoilers in the chapter name. Even chapter 7 had the name Attack! in it. You wouldn't want it to be a surprise and then read something like Chapter 1000: Featherpaw dies or something. That would be spoilers then because you would have already found out! I won't tell you which characters die in this book because I want you to read and find out. No hints either =3