Chapter 18

Winterfrost lay in the nursery with nine kits suckling at her belly. The other six where playing mossball- with three mossballs.

"They are soooo adorable!" Riverfire meowed.

Winterfrost put one of her paws in front of Whitekit and Snowykit, who where trying to leave the nursery.

"Not yet, young ones." She chuckled.

"When all the kits are full then all of you may go play outside." 

"Aww" The two chorused.

Now she had five kits at her belly. Four decided to go join in the fun with their brothers and sisters. Now they had five mossballs being thrown around the nursery. In a few moments she had two kits at her belly and then one.

"Rainkit," Winterfrost murmured softly to the kit.

"Why don't you go play with your siblings?" She meowed.

Rainkit's ears perked up.

"Okay!" She said and raced off.

"Now can we go out of the nursery?" Snowykit asked.

"Well," Winterfrost started.

"Please?" All fifteen kits asked at once.

"Okay. But no going outside the camp." Winterfrost meowed.

"Yay!" Snowykit mewed as all fifteen kits ran outside at once.

Winterfrost followed them out and already it was chaos.

Spottedkit, Whitekit, and Lionkit where collecting thorns to put in the elder's nests, Mountainkit, Quailkit, and Graykit where trying to hide in the fresh-kill pile, Mousekit, Rainkit, and Darkkit where chasing a mossball around the camp, and Featherkit, Firekit, Wolfkit, and Snowykit where playing with the warrior's tails. Riverkit and Mistykit where playing a game of tag.

"Winterfrost!" Winterfrost heard her name called from the warriors den. She hurried over to the den and saw Featherkit and Snowykit riding on Crowsong's back and being crazy.

"Featherkit, Snowykit! Please don't do that." Winterfrost meowed kindly.

"Winterfrost!" Another voice called. 

Winterfrost had a feeling this was going to be a long day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time the moon was starting to come up, the kits had gotten really tired. 

Winterfrost had to have her nest expanded so that all her kits could sleep. Even then it was a bit crowded. Fireclaw would love to hear the news.

Fireclaw! She suddenly remembered. She haden't seen him for a few days! 

Winterfrost carefully climbed out from under her kits and padded out of the nursery. She got to the entrance and was relieved to find no guard there yet. 

She quickly left the camp and was at the border in no time.

"Fireclaw? Fireclaw!" Winterfrost called.

"Huh?" She said as some leafs rustled.

"Fireclaw?" Winterfrost asked excitedly. 

But instead, a patrol of Sunclan cats appeared. It was made up of five warriors. One of them being Fireclaw!

Fireclaw and Winterfrost locked eyes for a moment but turned away as one of the cats spoke.

"What are you doing so close to the border?" The cat hissed.

"Last time I checked I was allowed to be in Rainclan territory. Notice I haven't crossed so it's not your buisness." Winterfrost retorted.

"You might have been planning to cross but stopped when you heard us coming!" One of the cats said.

"Don't talk about if I would have because I didn't!" Winterfrost growled, fur prickling.

"She didn't cross. Lets just leave her alone with a warning." Fireclaw meowed, a hint of pleading in his voice.

"Hmph. Okay, but no crossing the border." Another cat said. Winterfrost nodded.

Before Fireclaw followed the cats away from the border, he mouthed the words "Meet me here at moonhigh" and then left.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much in this chapter, kinda pointless but a little crazy. Don't say in the comments that cats can't have more than 10 kittens because I looked it up. The most kittens ever given birth to in real life is 19 but not all survived. Four where stillborn though. ): Comment and please vote! =3