Chapter 9: Warrior ceremony

Winterpaw had explained to Poppyroot why she had run off. Poppyroot had been angry for crossing into another clan's territory but glad that she had followed the code. He had told everything to Rabbitstar, and now Rabbitstar had called a meeting.

"It seems that we have two apprentices that are ready to be made warriors! One of them has been doing very well in training and did great on the assessment, the other had a few little mix ups but they turned out to help her with the assessment!" He announced.

"Poppyroot, is your apprentice ready to be made a warrior?" Rabbitstar asked.

"I believe so!" Poppyroot meowed with pride in his apprentice.

"Then, I, Rabbitstar, leader of Rainclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She had trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Rabbitstar spoke.

"Winterpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" He meowed.

"I do!" Winterpaw said proudly.

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Winterpaw, form this moment you will be known as Winterfrost! Starclan honors your courage, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Rainclan!" Rabbitstar announced.

Rabbitstar rested his muzzle on Winterfrost's head and Winterfrost quickly licked his shoulder. Then she run towards her mother, Morningriver, and Morningriver groomed her.

"I knew you could do it." Morningriver murmured, tears in her eyes.

Rabbitstar now turned to Darkpaw.

"Icefang, is your apprentice ready to be made a warrior?" Rabbitstar meowed.

"I guess." Icefang muttered.

"Then, I, Rabbitstar, leader of Rainclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He had trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in her turn." Rabbitstar said.

"Darkpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" He asked.

"Sure." Darkpaw grumbled.

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Darkpaw, from this moment you will be known as Darksoul! Starclan honors your loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Rainclan!" Rabbitstar spoke loudly.

Rabbitstar rested his head on Darksoul and Darksoul gave him a small lick on the shoulder.

"Winterfrost! Darksoul! Winterfrost! Darksoul!" The clan cheered. Darksoul layed his ears back at the noise but Winterfrost felt pride flow through her as her clan cheered for her and Darksoul. Winterfrost saw the annoyance in Darksoul's eyes and wondered. Is Darksoul not happy that he was made a warrior?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, it was a little soon in the book to be making them warriors but I was running out of ideas! XD Comment and please vote! =3