Chapter 17

Winterfrost woke up in the medicine den with most of the clan crowding around her. It was moonhigh now, but she was confused.

"Wh-what?" She stammered, really dizzy.

"What happened?" She asked.

Featherwisp was sitting next to her, and looked at her when she spoke.

"You just kitted!" She meowed, excited but Winterfrost found the slightest bit of sadness in her voice.

"R-really?" Winterfrost's mind was spinning.

"Really." Featherwisp said softly.

"H-how many?" Winterfrost meowed.

Featherwisp looked at Rainheart, who was standing by. She nodded.

"About... 15..." Featherwisp mewed quietly.

"WHAT?!?!?!" Winterfrost yowled. Now her head was spinning of thoughts and it was so overwhelming that she blacked out again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time, when Winterfrost woke up, half of the clan was still crowding around her with anxious eyes.

"I have f-fifteen kits?" Winterfrost said weakly, happy but confused.

"That's what I said." Featherwisp meowed.

"Wh-where are they?" Winterfrost asked and wondered at the same time.

"They are in the nursery. Mistyfire and Riverfeather haven't run out of milk just yet so they where caring for them while you where asleep." Featherwisp replied, amused.

"Could I go see them?" Winterfrost asked anxiously.

"Oh, of course! They are your kits after all, feel free!" Featherwisp answered.

Winterfrost got up and, for the first time in moons, give her sister a lick on the head and murmured.

"Thank you."

Then she rushed out of the medicine den and to the nursery. Inside the nursery it felt so crowded but only because of the kits. Mistyfire and Riverfeather where letting the kits have the milk they could give.

"Are these my kits?" Winterfrost asked, staring at the seven little kits that where huddled near Mistyfire's belly and the eight kits that huddled near Riverfeather's belly.

Riverfeather nodded.

"All 15 are alive and healthy. The whole clan had to help keep them alive though, this little one," Riverfeather looked at a black kit with white paws.

"This one refused to breathe, even when she could. We had to pry her mouth open to get her breathing because she wouldn't do it through her nose yet. But she's fine now." She murmured.

"How are you going to name them all?"  Mistyfire asked with wide eyes.

"Well, I'll name this half Riverkit and I'll name this half Mistykit." Winterfrost joked.

Mistyfire and Riverfeather laughed.

"Let them come to me. I'll name them when I can see them closer." Winterfrost meowed, laying down.

A gray tom with a white spot on his tail looked over at Winterfrost and mewed.

"Mommy!" And padded over to her and started suckling.

"This one will be Whitekit." Winterfrost murmured.

A white she-kit with black spots on her back saw Winterfrost and ran over to her, followed by one of her sisters, an all black she-kit.

"This one will be Spottedkit," she meowed, looking at the white kit.

"The the other will be Quailkit" she whispered.

three named, twelve to go. Winterfrost thought

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not ganna show naming all of them because it would take too long so I put it in a kit names page if you care to read all the names and what they look like. Comment and please vote! =3