Chapter 21

Featherwisp's pov

Featherwisp lashed out at a Darkclan tom on her right. The tom hissed and leaped at her but Featherwisp knocked him away with the force of her body.

She whipped around and dug her claws into the back of a gray she-cat that was trying to get into the medicine den. The cat screeched, rolled over, and kicked Featherwisp into another she-cat. Then, the gray she-cat ripped her way into the medicine den and the other she-cat held Featherwisp back, keeping her from it.

She knew that she had to get to the medicine den fast. Then, she felt the cat release her grip. Featherwisp looked back to see Morningriver dragging the she-cat away from Featherwisp and clawing the she-cat's belly.

The she cat yowled in pain, whipped around, and ran her claws down Morningriver's exposed belly. 

Morningriver hissed and lunged at the she-cat but the she-cat expected it and clawed Morningriver's belly again, this time making a deeper cut.

Morningriver gasped and dropped to the ground. The she-cat didn't wait a moment. She quickly sunk her teeth into Morningriver's neck and held on.

"No!" Featherwisp yowled. She leaped over to her mother and the she-cat. She landed on the she-cat's back and dug her claws into her back, ripping out clumps of fur and tearing skin. Featherwisp dug her claws into the she-cat's neck until she screeched and tumbled away.

"Morningriver?" Featherwisp meowed, horrified and scared. "Morningriver?" she said again.

Morningriver looked up at Featherwisp.

"Featherwisp, it is my time* she whispered.

"No! I'll take you to the medicine den and treat you! It will be okay!" Featherwisp mewed quickly, starting to drag Morningriver to the den.

"No, Featherwisp. Starclan warned me of this a few moons ago. Nothing can be done." Morningriver was gasping for air.

"Tell Winterfrost and her kits I said goodbye." Morningriver murmured. She shuddered, then was still.

"Morningriver? Morningriver!" Featherwisp was yowling, grief welling up inside of her. But Morningriver's eyes where dull and her flank didn't move as it would when she breathed. She was gone.

Featherwisp felt her heart sink. If only she would have hurt that gray she-cat more, she wouldn't have pushed her into the other she-cat and her mother wouldn't have attacked the she-cat and get injured so bad that she died.

Featherwisp felt herself getting stronger and angrier. It was partly that gray she-cat's fault! 

Featherwisp flung herself into the medicine den and charged towards the gray she-cat that was clawing that the herbs. The she-cat gasped as Featherwisp slammed into her, knocking the breath out of her.

Featherwisp battered at the she-cat with claws extended at it's fullest. She felt the she-cat growing weaker and weaker.

The she-cat then squealed and darted out of the medicine den and out of the camp.

"Featherwisp!" Rabbitstar's voice called and he leaped into the medicine den.

"I need you to go to Sunclan and ask them for help! We need them to help drive Darkclan out of the camp!" He meowed urgently. 

Featherwisp nodded. 

"I'll return quickly with all the help I can get." Featherwisp mewed and pelted out of the medicien den, running through the camp entrance and making her way to Sunclan's camp.

She was at the border quickly and leaped over it, crossing into Sunclan's territory. She was almost there when she slammed into another cat. A patrol! She thought.