Chapter 23

"Winterfrost, I would like to talk to you." Featherwisp meowed to Winterfrost.

"I want to check on Mountainkit and Snowykit. They seem to act a little strange." Featherwisp continued.

"O-okay. But I'm going to be with them the whole time." Winterfrost murmured.

"Mountainkit! Snowykit!" Winterfrost called.

"Yes, Winterfrost?" they replied, running out of the nursery to Winterfrost.

"Um, er, Featherwisp is going to check you two. Come with us to the medicine den." Winterfrost said, leading the kits to the medicine den where Featherwisp was waiting.

The cats padded inside the medicine den quickly. Snowykit sat down in front of Featherwisp and Mountainkit bumped into Snowykit, then sat down.

"Sorry!" Mountainkit mewed.

"Now kits, sit up tall and do what Featherwisp asks." Winterfrost purred uncertainly.

"Okay. Snowykit, I want you to walk out of the medicine den then walk back in." Featherwisp mewed.

Snowykit got up and walked outside of the medicine den. On her way back in she bumped into the side of it but ignored it and sat back down in front of Featherwisp.

"Hmm." Featherwisp murmured.

"Now, Mountainkit, when Winterfrost says go, find me in the medicine den without scenting me." Featherwisp instructed, going into a corner of the den.

"Go," Winterfrost said.

Mountainkit almost opened his mouth to taste the air, then remembered not to. He unsteadily walked around the medicine den, bumping into things until he finally found Featherwisp.

"Winterfrost, I have some bad news." Featherwisp sighed.

"Snowykit can't see in one eye and, well, you can plainly see that Mountainkit is blind." She said quietly.

"I know that! You could have just asked!" Winterfrost snapped.

"Yes, but you do realize that neither can become true warriors, don't you? Snowykit would be bumping into everything on her right side and scaring away prey and Mountainkit can't even see in front of his own paws." Featherwisp murmured carefully.

"But, there has to be some way they can become warriors!" Winterfrost insisted.

"I am afraid that it cannot happen." Featherwisp meowed. "I'm sorry."

"We are strong though!" Snowykit protested.

"Yea! Just go hide somewhere else and we will sniff you out!" Mountainkit agreed.

Featherwisp shook her head.

"It won't work. You can train as hard as you can and still bump into things. You can smell as much as you can and still step on twigs and leafs. I'm sorry it had to be this way for you two." Featherwisp continued.

"Featherwisp, stop this nonsense! They are as good as any other kit!" Winterfrost hissed. She picked up her two kits and left the den before Featherwisp could reply. 

I'll show her, I'll show everyone! I will not stop until these kits are as good as everyone else!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who thinks these kits will be able to become warriors? Please comment on it! Comment and please vote! =3