Chapter 11

The next day after the battle, the warriors kept fixing up the camp. They now added a new thing for the nursery. The warriors dug a hole in the nursery wall leading outside the camp. Attached to it where- of course, a long bunch of leafs. A queen would pull the leafs to open it, and outside the camp, a queen would pull on the other end to close it again as the queens and kits escaped.

There was also a part in the forest close to the camp where a small old fox den was. The fox was long gone, and it was hidden. Only found when Brightkit wandered off after the queens and kits tested the door. Brightkit had later been found in the fox den, playing with Littlekit and Seedkit, who had followed her.

Winterfrost had hunted one mouse, which was added to the fresh-kill pile quickly. Featherwisp gave her two poppyseeds because the wounds stopped bleeding as bad, and sent her to the warriors den. Winterfrost would have gone there anyways. She was very tired.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time she woke up, the moon was barely coming up. Then, she remembered Firepaw! She doubted that he would come but wanted to see if he was there. Guarding the camp this time was Amberpelt.

"Think I'll take a little walk." Winterfrost said to Amberpelt, who dipped his head, allowing her to leave the camp.

Her slow pace somehow turned into a rapid sprint. She badly wanted to see Firepaw, and know if he was okay. When she got to the border, she perked her ears, hoping he would appear, but he didn't disappointed, her tail drooped and she started to turn away when there was a voice.

"Hey, where are you going?" The voice said.

Winterfrost knew that voice!

"Firepaw!" She exclaimed as Firepaw dashed from the forest to meet her.

Winterfrost sprinted towards him and they touched noses in greeting. 

"Actually, I got my warrior name yesterday. I'm now Fireclaw!" he said proudly.

"I love that name!" Winterfrost purred.

"I haven't seen you in a long time, Winterpaw. How has it been going?" Fireclaw asked.

"I got my warrior name too! I'm now Winterfrost. And things haven't been so good. We lost our queen,  Smallclaw." Winterfrost meowed.

"I'm sorry to hear that. How did she die?" Fireclaw asked.

"Oh, just a little ambush from Darkclan last night." Winterfrost said a little fiercely. 

Fireclaw's eyes widened.

"Your clan too? Two nights ago our clan was attacked!" Fireclaw exclaimed.

"Wow, Darkclan must be angry. Anyways, how have you been? Are you healing well?" Winterfrost asked.

"How did you know about that?" Fireclaw meowed a bit surprised.

"Oh, I may have seen you on the thunderpath, made a monster dodge from hitting us, delt with a questioning patrol, all that." Winterfrost said casually.

Fireclaw laughed.

"I wish we could stay here forever." Fireclaw whispered.

"I wish we could be mates." Winterfrost meowed quietly.

"That would be great." Fireclaw murmered.

Winterfrost suddenly turned her head and looked into the Rainclan forest. She thought she heard a twig snap. She stared hard into the forest but saw nothing. She turned back and leaned on Fireclaw.

"Maybe, just maybe."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Featherwisp's pov

Where is Winterfrost going this time? Featherwisp wondered as she saw Winterfrost leave the camp.

Probably hunting. She thought but couldn't help thinking it was about something else. I should really stop trying to spy on her. What kind of sister does that? Featherwisp yelled at herself in her mind.

Maybe she should just talk to Firepaw about her thoughts. Maybe ask him about Winterfrost. Gain his trust and make sure he doesn't fall for Winterfrost instead.

"I'm going to go see if I can find some yarrow." Featherwisp said to Amberpelt, who was guarding. Amberpelt let her through the camp entrance.

Featherwisp ran quickly through the forest, hoping Firepaw would talk to her. She was almost at the border when she heard voices. Huh? She thought.

She skidded to a halt and almost fainted. Winterfrost was with Firepaw! What does she think shes doing? Featherwisp growled in her mind. She listened carefully.

"I wish we could stay here forever." Fireclaw whispered.

Featherwisp's mind started racing.

"I wish we could be mates." Winterfrost meowed quietly.

Featherwisp hoped Firepaw would say something like We can't be mates! and leave her but instead, he answered the opposite.

"That would be great." Fireclaw murmured.

Featherwisp felt her tears start dropping to the forest floor. No. She had to forget him! She turned around but stepped on a twig. It snapped with a loud crack. Now she didn't care if Winterfrost heard it.

 She ran through the forest, not caring in what direction. Tears flooded her eyes and as she ran they  made streaks across her face. Her sister had taken him from  her. Her sister! Had taken him from her!

Featherwisp vowed to get revenge. She was tired of her sister being better. She got everything perfectly. Her first hunt training, her first battle training, she had better vision, she was faster, Featherwisp was sick of her being better.

She had one question that she could ask her sister.

Was she going to survive her sisters anger?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIMME YOUR ANSWER NAO!!!! D:<<<< Er... please...? =3