Chapter 1:

I took a deep breath in and exhaled quietly, new year means new chances. Suddenly a blonde flash of hair darted at me at grabbed my arm in the most painful way, dragging me towards the sensor doors on the left of the courtyard, that led to the canteen and hub. My bag bouncing uncomfortably on my back as my friend pulled me along. She flings me infront of her and let's go of my forearm in a painful twist.

"Ameilia, firstly, ow! And secondly, where is my hello?" I say rubbing my forearm, which was throbbing painfully. The hyperactive blonde girl jumping in front of me, flashed a massive smile then tackled me into a hug. Woah, Ammy dating an athlete really meant that she had been working out, not as much as me though.

"OH EM GEE! Ingrid Rose Hellier! You're baaaaack!" She yelled in a sing-song voice, her green eyes glittered with delight. She let go of me and held me at arms length soaking in my sunkissed skin, deep purple hair and my braces less smile. Her brow furrowed as she looked at my teeth.

"Rose, when did you get your braces off?" She demanded, stomping her thick heeled black school shoes down on my toes. My knee shot up and hit her in the hip, she looked as if she had felt nothing. Clutching my foot and sitting down on an uninhabited couch in the hub, I explained my holidays to her. She listened intently, which was a first for her.

The bell suddenly rang out across the school and I allowed Ammy to drag me through the mass of people from all different grades to our new lockers. We went to the Azimov corridor and followed it to the year 10 locker bay, our lockers had Sticky green (our house colour) post it notes stuck to them, with our names on them. 195 had Ingrid-Rose Hellier on it, I looked at 193 and 197 on either side of my top locker and at the locker below mine.

193- Christopher Roberts-Jacobs. Great I though, he was a massive bully, he had a crush on me last year but I turned him down several times.

197- Nadia Green. She was fine, she was nice enough despite being part of the 'popular' group.

I checked the last locker, 196, below me.

196- Jack Truman. He was the most popular guy in our grade and my best friend, this was going to be an interesting year.

I deposited my school bag on the top shelf of my locker and took all my empty workbooks out of my bag, I set them up in an order of colour then grabbed my stocked pencil case, as i rifled through my locker for my reading glasses, i saw someone walk up to the locker next to me and lean on it. I tentatively looked over the side of my locker as saw a gorgeous honey blonde haired boy looking down at his generic shoes. He looked up and saw me looking at him, I looked back into my locker, took a deep breath in and sighed. My heart rate quickened, I hurriedly pushed my bag back into my locker and pulled out my lock, the boy next to me squatted down and started undoing the lock at my knees. I put my lock on my locker and turned it to 0000 and turned away.

As I walked down the crowded corridor, I heard heavy footfalls behind me. Then someone caught my shoulder, causing me to drop my pencil case and glasses. As I bent down to pick them up I saw, a pair of dark legs kneel down beside me.

"Hey princess." I heard a deep, sweet voice say into my ear, my head shot up and collided with something. I heard a crunch, then someone dropped a stack of books on my head. My consciousness faded to black.

----3 hours later----

--Jacks POV:---

Ingrid hit me in the nose, it was bleeding, a lot. Mrs Cannan, the front office lady, and her assistant, Allyson, rushed in, upon seeing Ingrid, started tendinding to her. I watched, holding my nose, as Allyson and Mr Willis lifted her onto a stretcher and carried her into the sick room at the front of the school. I held the bridge of my nose, it was very painful. My nose might be broken, I thought to myself. My best friends, Thomas Cody and Thomas James, came up behind me.