Chapter 5:

--CODYS POV:--

I squatted, beneath one of the windows in the main corridor, the glass wasn't reinforced so I could hear the whole conversation. My heart dropped into my bladder. Yes my bladder, it's lower than my stomach, ninny. I still held feelings for Ingrid and had since the end of our family holiday together. I needed to ruin this. But I didn't want to ruin my friendship. But she won't say yes, she doesn't even know what a real relationship is.

"Yes." I hear a feminine voice say, from the window above my head. I jumped upright and hit my head on the exposed brickwork of the school wall.

"Ow." I whispered.

"Who was that? Hello, is some one there?" I heard Ingrid ask to the nothingness out side the window.

"There is no one there, Rose." Jack said, confident. I peeked up over side of the window seat from the outside and watched carefully and viligantly. I saw Jack entertwine his fingers into Ingrids hair and lean forward. She pulled away as he tried to kiss her, yes I thought to myself. 

"I'm not ready yet, Jack." She shook her head. He ran his thumb along her cheek and hesitantly pulled his hand away, Holding them in his lap, he looked up at Ingrid, and they lost them selves in eachothers eyes. As I slunk away I heard Winnie and Belle running up the hall yelling incoherent words. I crawled back to my previous position.

"Rose, you have to come now. Tahlia has fainted!" Winnie exhaled. That type 1 diabetic girl? She was at the lake with Ingrid and I. She'd fainted. I could use this as an opportunity to get close to Ingrid. Maybe even kiss her and show her that Jack is a prick. I rushed into the corridor.

--INGRIDS POV:--

Cody ran in.

"Jack, oh there you are, I've been looking for you." He said, puffing. Jack shot me an inquisitive look. I shook my head and mouthed: no you cannot tell Cody, I'm not ready yet!

"Why have you been looking for me, Cody?" Jack asks. I look at the boys and follow Winnie and Belle. They take me to the class room where we were before, only for me to see that Tahlia had passed out and was having her head cradled in a worried Christina's lap. Cody and Jack came running in, Cody took a look at Tahlia, then at Jack. He kneels down next to Tahlia and slips an arm under her Knees and the other one under her small back. 

"She's a family friend. I've known her since she was 6. I'll tak her to sick bay." He says looking at all of us except Jack. I step forward.

"I'll come too, I know what to do." I state. Cody looks at me, something not quite right in his eyes, was that....spite. What was going on? Cody starts walking from the room, hurriedly I place my hand on Jacks arm and rush after him. Allyson lets us into the sickbay and tends to Tahlia.

"She'll be fine, dears." Allyson says, looking over the unconscious girl. A phone on 1 hand and the dial tone ringing. Thalia's mum picks up and Mrs Canan shoos us out. As I head to my locker, Cody pushes me into a open janitors cupboard. We were uncomfortably close.

"Cody, what is the meaning of this?" I demand, tapping my foot. He pushes his body close to mine.

"Uh uh.  Nope, we are not doing this. I'm with someone else. And for fucks sake, I do not FUCKING LIKE YOU!" I push him away. He put his hand in my hair and raked it through. He looked down at me and I became wary of his gaze, it was filled with.....WHAT THE FUCK? He kisses me, forcing lips onto mine. After a second, I push him away. It was strange, some one kissing me when I wasn't kissing back. The door opened and I burst out. A surprised looking janitor looking at us. 

"Sorry, nothing happened. Promise!" I mumble. Running down the corridor to the Azimov bay.

Jack catches me as I run in.

"Princess, what's happening, what's shakin' bacon?" He asks in a stupid accent. I shake my head and continue to my locker. Retrieving my English books, I walk swiftly from the slowly dispersing crowd in the locker bay.

----THE NEXT DAY----

I walk into the school, whispers swirling around me. What's happened. Ammy runs up to me and drags me off to a secluded place behind a wall with our school crest on it, where the rest of our friends are waiting.

"What's happened?" I asked, pushing some of my hair behind my ear. Ammy, Belle, Blake, Winnie, Harmony, Christina and Caitlyn all look at me silent for a moment. They suddenly start squealing and jumping around me. I push my fingers into my ears and take a step back. I'm greeted by a smiling Jack.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" I yell over my squealing friends. Jack looks at me mischievously.

"Well, Oscar asked me about you and I blurted it out. And him being the biggest gossip in school, he told his boyfriend Ricky, who told Becca, who told everyone. We are officially a school wide couple!" he says happily. I frown, he takes my hand, entertwining his fingers with mine, we walk out into the entirety of the hub. Annika Matthews walks past me with Serena and Ilana.

"Slut." She coughs into my ear. Jack smiles at her and she smiles back. I release his hand and walk away. Letting him flirt with Annika. Or the other way around let Annika flirt with him and him be completely oblivious to what's happening.

"I'm so happy for you!" Caitlyn says, hugging me, her head phones still plugged into her ears. Ammy and the rest of the group crowd around me. Yelling incoherent questions. The bell tolls and we walk off to our lockers. I see Cody leaning against my locker.

"What do you want, Dickles the clown?" I demand, opening my locker angrily.

"A deal, Hellier, a mother fucking deal."