Chapter 21: G-gay?

Sorry....about how long it takes to update. I normally start another chapter moment after my newest one goes online but it can take from days to weeks to complete the next one, goddamn writers block.

But Enjoy!

------------------------------------

----INGRIDS POV:----

He came by my house everyday, to have the same treatment from all 6 of the girls lodged in my  house.

"He-" SLAM! He doesn't catch on does he?

Well, my first day at Clayeidge has arrived. They don't have a uniform, according to Mony and the others I am so lucky, so choosing what to wear everyday will be torture. I've given up smoking and told my mum, she wasn't impressed to say the least. Shayila scolded me like she would a 5 year old. So that's all that's happened in my life at the moment. I've got to sleep now and I still have no idea why writing to a book like its a person helps ease my subconscious but....fuck it.

Night.

Slamming the diary closed, I placed it back into the safe I got for Christmas and shoved it under a loose floorboard in my room. I rolled back into the covers and tried to ease my mind. 

"Fuck him..." I whispered to myself, I rolled over and hugged into Shays body for warmth, for some reason I was cold, in the middle of an Australian summer? 

"Mmmmm....sleep little birdy, the molten bus will return tomorrow..." Shay mumbled. It was weird but still better than the night terrors. I guess.

-------------------

"SHAY! ROSE! GET UP! SCHOOL!" Lacey yelled, flinging the door open to find just me, struggling to get into some skinny jeans. Don't know why I have skinny jeans....I don't think that they're mine...

"Why do you have my jeans?" Lacey asked, exhasperatedly, shaking her head.

"They're not jeans, Lace. They're torture devices." I say, pulling them off and throwing them at her. She stuck her tongue out at me and left, leaving the door wide open so that poor Emily across the hall could see me in my tiny A-Cup bra and zebra underwear.

"MY EYES!" Em yelled, slamming her door. I waddled over and closed mine, Shay'll barge in soon after her shower and get dressed. Unrefined weirdo. Walking to the full length mirror in my cupboard, I looked at myself. My skin was less tanned and now more milky coloured, my originally long once blonde hair now black and cutting a perfect line with my jaw, my body less stick thin because auntie Flow finally came and I'd started to fill out but my breasts still slightly smaller than an A-Cup...a girl can dream. Picking up a wet towel from the floor, I threw it at the mirror image of me and stopped away to my chest of drawers. I pulled out a black crop top and dark jeans, actual jeans, and pulled them on. I picked up my favourite leather jacket from the back of a desk chair and stopped out to the foot rack in the hallway to get my combat boots. Yes, clichè I know, but I love 'em.  Pulling on the boots and threading the laces through each loop and tightening, it took 5 minutes to get them done up, I tripped down the stairs.

"I'm fine." I say to Ruth as she offers me a hand up, Shay grinning evilly at the table, fully dressed and showered. The table seems filled for the first time in months, Lacey is home (of course) from uni for the day, Emily is catching the late bus to school, Abs is waiting for Mum who is grinning happily whilst flipping slightly burnt omelettes and Ruth and Shay are getting on like a house on fire. I take my seat at the head of the table and pour my self a cup of milk. 

"Hungry?" Mum asks, coming toward me with a steaming blackened stack of omelettes.

"Uh......not at the moment, Mum..." I cough at the smell of burnt egg. She 'mmhmmm's and leaves me alone.

"Ready for school?" Shay asks, scraping her chair along the slate tiles as she stands, gripping her plate in her right hand. I snicker, too nice for her own good. She sends me a glare as I shift my gaze to Ruth.

"Ready?" I ask. She nods, pushing her chair back, she thanks mum and grabs her school bag. She walks to the door and waits dutifully. I chug my milk and grab my bag, I packed it last night, I grab my lunch from the fridge and slip it into the largest pocket before slinging the bag over my left shoulder and waiting by Ruth.

As Shay walks up, I open the door and usher them out. Walking to the bus stop, we pass Winnie's bus stop and she waves at us, we pass some of the 'popular' kids from St Joans having 'fun' on their local bus stop bench....that was traumatising. As I near the stop, I see a tall and slightly familiar figure, slumped on the bench. I'm suspicious.

As we near, my suspicions are correct. He looks at us, then at me, eyes meeting mine, a sort of patheticness reflected, I look at my shoes. He stands and apporaches me, Ruth grabs Shays arm and drags her away, muttering something about 'we'll just leave you two be...'.

"What are you doing here?" I say, flatly. Meeting his eyes again, a sad smile etches into his lips.

"Hello, to you too, Ingrid-Rose. I'm catching my school bus. What are you doing here?"

"Catching mine. Where exactly did you move to after leaving St Joans?"

"Clayeidge."

"Same." I say, not smiling. "So...uh, how have you been?" 

"Good, around. Actually...never better. I'd actually like to thank you."

"Th-thank me? Why? I was rude and arrogant and obnoxious and rude..."

"If you hadn't acted that way, I wouldn't have moved to Clayeidge and met Sam."

"Sam? You have a girlfriend?"

"Not.....exactly..."

"Uh...?"

"Samael...my boyfriend."

"Sah-samael...Oh my god, Thomas! I'm so happy for you. It's so good that you've found him!"

"Yeh. He makes me happy. Can we put the past behind us and continue the year as friends?"

"More than happy."

"So...you're fine with me being gay?"

"More than fine. I....I-I think I might be bisexual. But I need to test it out. So consider me as bi-curious."

"Yeah. Ok. Now, who is the girl with you?"

"My cousin, Shay, she goes to Clayeidge and-"

"I know Shay. She was my only friend last year, before Sam...that is. Damn, her twin is a bitch, bit homophobic of I do say so myself."

That doesn't sound like Tessa, Janycia was always the homophobe...maybe she actually did rub off on her youngest daughter.

"And my friend, Ruth. She just moved her from Japan."

"Ok, cool. Bus is here." He said pointing to the bus. Maybe Cody had changed. And probably for the best.