Chapter 4:

My conversations to Jack for the last few days of the week:

Me (at my locker): morning Jack.

Jack: Hey Rose

Me (finished with locker): bye Jack.

Jack: Bye.

--JACKS POV:--

Has she been avoiding me, Cody seems very happy that she is. Why would Cody be happy if Ingrid is avoiding me?

"Bro, you Kay?" TJ asks.

"Yeah, dude I am." I respond, suddenly a feel small feminine hands on my shoulders, I shiver. I turn around anyway expecting to see Ingrid but instead I am greeted by Annika Matthews.

"Hey Jack," she breathes into my ear, making me shiver more. 

"Hi Nika. How are you?" I ask rolling my eyes. She wraps her small arms around my neck and rests her chin on my shoulder. For a split second I pretend it's Ingrid and not Annika.

"You know me, Jack. I'm around." 

"Ok, loverbirds, break it up, it's not a vomit fest, it's recess." TJ says, rubbing his dust bin lid sized hands together and looking at the sashaying blonde Harmony Mota as she walks past.

"TJ, you know that Mony has a boy friend, right?" I ask, dragging Annika along as she clings to me.

"WHAT?!? WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME! I FUCKING TOLD HER I LIKED HER!" He screams.

"Nika, get off me. TJ, we have told you, several times, bro."

"Whose she dating? Imma kill him!" 

"Brayden Murray."

"Wait, Bray? Why didn't he tell me?"

"Because you would go nusto and you spent days just talking about how beautiful the colour of her skin was."

He rubs his neck, sheepishly. "Am I really that creepy?"

"Dude, it's a crush. You'll get over her." Suddenly I feel something warm wrap around my hand. I look down to see, Annika slipping her fingers between mine and smiling at me as she does it. I pull my interlaced fingers out from hers and cross my arms.

"Nika, what do you think you're doing?"

She doesn't reply, but looks dejected and walks away. Joining Ilana Nall and Serena Carrow, I don't know why she's friends with them, they are the biggest bitches in the school. Maybe they're rubbing off on Nika. Now that would be sad. Cody nudges me in the ribs.

 "Ow, Cody, what was that for?" He points at Ingrid, her dark purple hair in cascading natural ringlets down her back. 

"Why are you pointing at Rose?"

"Can you see the look that Buchanan and Lucas are giving me? It's positively evil!" He exclaims. I follow his line of sight to see Belle and Tahlia putting hell into their stares and shooting it at Cody.

"I wonder what you did this time?" I ask, high fiving TJ. Cody shoots me a death stare. 

"If looks could kill, Buchanan and Lucas would have killed you by now, bro. The death stare ain't doing nothing." I laugh. 

"The death stare ain't doing nothing." He mimics in a baby's voice rudely. I see Ingrid detach from the group and briefly look at me. I have to tell her, she means more that just a friend to me, she seriously does. 

Stupid mind, stupid, awful, dumb mind! I don't like Ingrid, she would never go for me.

But her beautiful hair and that smile and the way her hazel brown eyes catch the light.

No, stop thinking about how beautiful she is, she is nothing more than a friend.

You should tell her bro, the only way to find out is to tell her.

Stop being rational and.....right.

Oh yeah right, Truman, get a grip.

"Jack, bro, why are you talking to your self?" TJ asks.

"It's kinda weird." Cody agrees. Suddenly Ameila Charles and Blake Williams come from nowhere and pull me away from my buds.

"Charles, Lucas, what the fuck are you doing?" Cody yells.

"It's ok bro, I'll be right back." I yell to him. The girls push me into a slightly abandoned class room, the slightly being that Ingrid, Winnie, Harmony, Christina, Belle, Tahlia and Caitlyn are all standing in there. Ingrid shys away from seeing me.

"What's wrong?" I ask feverishly. Ingrid flies from the room, followed by Winnie. Ameila rounds on me.

I throw my hands up in the air in a sign of resignation.

"So, Annika Matthews takes your fancy now, Truman?" She asks, her green eyes drilling holes into my skull.

"What? Shit? Did you see that?"

"Oh, honey, we saw everything."

"Ammy, I don't like her. Wait, I'm not even dating Rose, why are we having this conversation?"

"Because, dumbass, she likes you. Don't you see it?"

"Um....this is coming from the girl who ignored me all last week?"

"She told us something that we are not telling you. She ignored you because, well....to do with what she told us."

"Oooh Kay...."

"Do you like her back?"

"Yes....I mean no......I dunno. Yes?"

"Mmmmhmm, just as I thought, diagnosis doctor?" She asks turning to Belle. Belle scratches her head in fake thought.

"Well he does have lovesick puppy-itis, as well as a slight case of Ingrid Fever." Belle says, a smile in her eyes and 'shock' on her pretty face.

"Will he ever recover?" Ammy asks, hand on her heart.

"I can prescribe medication." She grabs a piece of scrap paper and a pen from the teachers desk and writes a note. She hands it to me.

Doctors Prescription:

Go get your girl!

"Haha, very funny, Belle."

She slaps me, I grip my cheek.

"Ow, what was that for?  I yell

"Doctors orders, now go get your Girl!" She commands. I take a long look at the girls, then dash from the room, as I run down the hallway, last lockers and Windows with study corners and window seats, I see the back of Winnie's head. I spur forward.

"Hey Winnie and Rose. Can I speak to-wheeze-rose? Alone please?" I say, my hands on my knees, taking massive gulps of air. Winnie looks at Rose and she motions that she'll be ok. Winnie glares at me and leaves. I sit down infront of Ingrid. She has silvery tear tracks spiderwebbing on her perfect cheeks.

"What do you want? Jack?" She whispers.

"I have a really serious question to ask you." She wipes a tear away from her eyes and looks at me expectantly.

"Ingrid-Rose Hellier, would you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?"