Chapter 8:

----INGRIDS POV:----

I sat at home on the front porch step, holding my phone. Every so often I thought I felt it buzz and opened the case, only to find that there was nothing there. Suddenly, the phone actually vibrated. Eagerly, I unlocked my phone, the icon that popped up was the Instagram one.

an.nika.matty:) tagged you in a photo. I pressed into the app and refreshed the feed. The first picture that popped up was a picture of her and Jack, her arm around his neck and him smiling widely. I scroll down, there was a video. It turned its self on:

The camera is being held out from the two people as they both lean forward, connecting two pairs of lips, heads tilting, tongues exploring. I drop my phone before the 15 second video ends. It hits the granite step and smashes, tiny pieces of the glass screen embedding themselves in my feet.

"Mum..." I hiccup. She come to running to the screen door and pushes it open. She looks at me, at my now bleeding bare feet.

"Oh, Ingrid. What happened...?" She whispers, placing an arm around my shoulders as I bury my face in her neck.

"Ja-Jack kissed....Ann-Annika...." I blubber, tears streaming down my already raw and painful face.

"Well the upside is that you don't have to see him until Friday...."

"Mum, I'm suspended."

"I know, honey, I know. Shhh shhh." I cry harder. 

"Let's go clean up your feet, honey. Then would you like to Skype dad?"

"Ye-s,"

"Let's not tell him you're suspended though."

"Oh-kay."

As most if the glass in in the top of my foot, I walk inside behind mum. She sits me on her computer chair and walks to the first aid cupboard. Pulling out tweezers and bandaids.

"Ouch." I wince as the first and smallest piece of glass is pulled from my foot.

"They're not in deep, honey, you should be fine." 

After mum is finished with my feet, I open my tablet and go into Instagram. I comment on the video:

lilerosiehellier: congratz guys!

an.nika.matty:): thnx lilerosiehellier!

thetruemanjack: thnx

lilerosiehellier: ur made 4 eachother 😘

thetruemanjack: 😊

I exited out of the video and continued to scroll through my feed. I went to my bio and edited it. It went from: xxSchoolxx xxBesites😘😘xx xxmy little Jacky Boyxx to: xxSchoolxx xxBesites😘😘xx newly single and ready to mingle, I also change my profile pic of Jack and I to a picture of me and Lacey at Manikua beach. After changing it, I went to Jacks profile, only to find that he'd changed his bio too.

AFL MY BAE NIKA MY MATES THE STARLIGHT HEAVENS (his band) AND ALL THE AMZINGNESS I HANDLE ON A DAILY BASIS

I go to Annikas.

~Jack is my True man 😘😘❤️💖~ ~Ilana and Serena 4 lyyfe!~ if you're a pringle, go and mingle cos we don't wanna be single!

Not able to handle it anymore, I logged out of my account and went to my callers contacts. I scrolled through, the next person my thumb lands on I'll call, I thought. Closing my eyes and letting my numb fingers scroll emptily and aimlessly through my crowded contact list. I stopped and opened my eyes. It landed in between Harmony and TJ, how they ended up next to each other on my contact list baffles me. I press into Monys contact and hit call. After a couple of rings, my best friend picks up.

"Hey Rosie." She chirps

"Hey Mony," I say, monotonously.

"I heard you got suspended...is that true? And that you kicked Cody in the nutsack?"

"Yeah," 

We continue our conversation, Mony doing all the work, me replying with one word answers.

----JACKS POV:---

Annika is still at my house, she rifles through my fridge as I scroll through the newly posted pictures of us on my Instagram. There are a couple 'cute' photos of me and Annika and I video of us kissing. A alert runs over the top of my phone, signifying me that someone has commented on Annika and my video. Hitting the alert with my thumb, I read the message. It's from Ingrid. I see Annika straighten and  unlock her phone. I stand there, leaning on my kitchen island, looking dumbfoundedly at the comment. Annika responds, after reading her response, I halfheartedly reply too. Accidentally clicking into Ingrids profile. Getting a better look at her profile pic, it's a really good photo of her and her older sister. I've never met Lacey but Ingrid used to talk about her all the time. I read her bio, I'm removed from it. I changed my bio just after Annika arrived. We haven't done much kissing at all because I feel so guilty but then I remember that this is Ingrids fault.

"Babe, wanna go outback?" Annika whispers into my ear, sliding a long arm around my neck.

"Kay, Nika."

I follow her out into the back room and Sit on the couch next to her, keeping my arms folded over my chest.

"Aren't you happy? I mean, that Ingrid is happy for us?" She asks, sliding into my lap.

"Yeh."

"Good."

She starts to Lean in, I've had enough.

"Annika, I think it's time you went home. I have to go to Kaedys for dinner."

"Can't I come?" She whines. I shake my head and walk her to the door. She picks up her school bag and gives me a kiss on the lips, I press my lips hard against hers, not moving mine an inch.

"Bye" she says and with a flourish, she's on the pavement walking to her own house. I walk to the island and grab my house keys, locking the door, I walk over to Kaedys.

----ANNIKAS POV:----

He is now, so totally, over that slut Ingrid. He's mine....and he kissed me, not her. I open a private message with Ilana and Serena. 

I text: do what ever the fuq u want with lil Rosie! He's mine.

Ilana texts back: yay! She's gonna wanna move to St Angela's when we're done with her...

Serena joins in: and she'll probs be a lezzo afterwards too.

I text back: u 2 are soooooo devius! I like! 😘

Swinging my front door open, my parents greet me in the grande foyer of the townhouse. They usher me into the dining room. A massive feast sits infront of me, with tureens of vegetable gravy, plates of vegetarian meat substitutes, egg salad, all of my favourite food.

"To celebrate your new boyfriend. We had your sister check her Insta-whatchamacallit, and we saw your biography and we're delighted. When shall we get to meet the lucky young man?" My mother demands, my sister Anabella-Casey smiles a gap toothed smile and digs into the feast.

"Soon enough, mother, soon enough." I say. Soon enough echoing in my mind, you devious thing, you're positively evil! My mind continues to laugh. I smile, this is who I am now. And Jack Truman is mine.