Chapter 14: Rain and Hotel rooms

Driving through the neon lights of central Tokyo, it was almost like I'd stepped into NYC not one of the most culturally rich places in the known world. The back of the taxi was filled with bags and bags and bags. Mum and Lacey had gone MENTAL!

~~Flashback~~

"This is so cute! You should get it." Lacey says, holding up a forest green and royal blue striped long sleeved belly shirt. I nod, mum calls my name and I retreat to where she is. She's holding up a mid-thigh length Palm leaf patterned dress with a slightly scooped neckline and thick singlet straps.

"Oh my gosh! Yes!" I squeal. Taking the velvety fabric in my hands.

"It's yours then!" She says, adding it to the pile of clothes draped over her left arm.

~~END FLASHBACK~~

Well, it seems I have enough clothes to last me the month now. My phone buzzes.

Jacky Boy: Hey babe! How's Japan? U've been gone for nearly a day and I miss you already.

I slide the icon and message across and unlock my phone.

Me: hey jacky. It's great. My bag got sent to Paris tho, so mum, lace and I went clothes shopping

Jacky Boy: cool. I hate shopping.

Me: yes u would. I used to.

Jacky Boy: hey babe, Ive gtg. So ttyl?

Me: sure 😘 Bai

Jacky Boy: Bai 😘

I turned my phone off and spun around to Lacey.

"What's up Lace?" I ask.

"Just thinking about how cute it is that my little sister has a boyfriend and that they text each other every day." She replies, inspecting her manicured fingernails. I suddenly hear thunder crack from outside the taxi and slide over to the window to see the sky. Over all the neon lights I can see dark, brooding clouds making their menacing way across the Asian skyline.

"Don' worry, Miss. It will hopefully pass by tomowow." The taxi driver says, in broken English.

"Thank you, sir." I respond. We pull up to the hotel as the rain decides that it's had enough and comes down in truckloads. 

"Arigato." I say, handing him a handful of yen. I then follow my retreating family into the hotel as lightning rakes across the sky, the bags soaking with rain, swinging painfully off of my wrists as I run. Mum and Lacey are standing in the massive lobby, less wet than me but still soaking.

"That was an adventure!" Mum exclaims. Lacey and I nod. We make our way to the lift. Mum swipes our key card onto the scan pad.

"Going Up. Level 16." The automated voice says. The lift moves upward, in a matter of minutes the screen over the a automatic doors indicates that we've reached our floor. We step out and move down the hallway, wet foot prints emerging in our wake. Our room, 285, was unlocked. We enter to see dad, Em and Abbie sitting on the couch in the small living room together. Dad has Abbie sitting in his lap and Em snuggled into his side. We're all daddy's girls.

For the next few days the rain doesn't stop, soaking pavements, people, and basically everything that's not indoors. My phone rings.

Livin' like we're renegades, hey hey hey, hey hey hey, livin' like we're renegades.

I know it's Jack because he set his ringtone and that is his favourite song, as is mine. I pick up.

"Hey baby." I say to Jack. I hear him yawn in the background.

"Hey Ross." He jokes, I can hear how tired he is in his voice. He's been training non stop everyday so that he can make it to the Canberra Raiders juniors footy team, it's not been kind to him.

"I miss you!" I whine.

"I miss you too! But you've been gone for a week and a half and have 2 and a bit left."

"Is your iPad fixed yet?" 

"Yah, why?"

"Can I FaceTime you?"

"Sorry babe, no can do."

"Why?"

"I'm at Kaedys and she said no electronics after 09:00pm."

"Then, why oh why, do you have your phone?"

"She said I could call you."

"Jack, I'm two hours ahead of you. It's 23:00 over here."

"Don't use 24 hour time. You know I suck at math."

"So do I, babe."

"Jack, bed now! Mum and dad said that they want you well rested for the tryouts tomorrow." I hear Kaedy say in the background.

"I'm gonna go now, Jack. Say hi to Kaedy and Jacko for me and you're mum and dad." I say. 

"Bye, Ingrid-Rose. I love you."

"Ily too. Now bye Jack." After that I hang up. I put my phone on my bed side table and climb into bed with Abbie. I opted to share with her because I wanted Lacey and Em to havare their own beds. She snuggles her tiny ginger head into my shoulder and starts snoring, loudly. I fish my ear plugs from my bedside table drawer and push them into my ears. Rolling onto my tummy, I drift off.

-----------------------

Short Chappie today. Hope you enjoyed it. Please look at my new book Contest of hearts and my self help book Take On The World. Renegades by XA at the top there. It's jacks ring tone and currently my fave song! I changed the actor who plays Jack from Zac 'Sexy' Efron to Thomas 'FREAKING GOD' Brodie Sangster because I stopped imagining Jack as Zac around the 4th chapter. Even in the first I imagined TBS as Jack. So, sorry Mr Efron, you're out.

Live, love, llamas.

Gen

P.s I've recently become addicted to the online version of Cards against humanity! Pretend you're xyzzy is a really good way to play a minimalistic version of such a fun game! If you ever wanna play, inbox me.