Chapter 11:

I'm Ingrid fucking Hellier:

----INGRIDS POV:----

It'd been a week since I got my cast. Mum had stayed home the whole week with me and I'd skyped Dad nearly every day. Its Sunday, the day before I start at St Angela's.

"It'll be okay, Honey. And you don't have to worry. I'll be seeing you in a little less than a month! Remember, we're going to Japan! For a whole 4 weeks!" Dad says in an attempt to cheer me up.

"Yeah, whooo." I reply, halfheartedly. I look down at my new baby blue school dress, its made of heavy cotton, too hot for an Australian summer. I miss my navy blue skirt and my aqua shirt, I miss the school crest on the pocket only big enough to hold the most tightly wrapped headphones, I miss being able to have my hair down all day. At St Angela's we have to have our hair up in case of nits.

"Well, Honey, I have to go, Ok? I'll talk to you tonight?" My dad asks. I nod, not even the faintest of smiles appearing on my downhearted face.

'Bye, Daddy." I say, as he closes the skype window from his side. I spin around in the swivel chair until I stop facing mum as she works in the kitchen. Lacey is in the front room, having a 'you hang up, no you hang up, no you hang up' conversation with her boyfriend, Tim, Abbie is sitting in her high chair and throwing scrambled eggs and vegemite toast......virtually everywhere, and Emily is holding her kindle in one hand and scooping mouthfuls of cereal into her mouth, her eyes not leaving the electronic page. I stand and walk to the bench, placing my elbows on the polished stone and resting my chin in my hands.

"Sweetie, you've got to eat something!" Mum exclaims, whirling around to the beeping microwave and pulling out a steaming bowl, closing the door with her elbow, the bowl in one hand and brown sugar in the other, she manages to do several things at once. She sprinkles brown sugar onto the porridge, closes the microwave, opens the fridge and retrieves milk and fills a glass. When she is done being supermum, she sets the glass down on the table and the bowl alongside it.

"Eat. If you don't eat, I won't be the one talking you to the doctor for malnutrition." She adds, gesturing to the steaming food. I hesitantly walk over and sit in the cushioned, high backed chair, mum hands me a spoon and I start to push the gelatinous concoction around the bowl. Mum rips the spoon out of my hand and dips it into the now brown mess.

"OPEN!" She commands, I open my mouth and she shoves the spoon into my mouth. I was kinda expecting that but then again I sorta wasn't. I choked then swallowed. I smile apprehensively up at my mum and take the spoon off of her and start to feed myself. My phone goes off in my pocket, I slip my small hand into the deep pouch and pull out my phone. I look at the screen:

Tahls

Whats Poppin'?

Was the message ID, I slide my finger over the text and unlock my phone.

Tals: Heyy Gal, waiting at the bus stop with out u isnt the same! Hope u hav a little bit of fun at st angies. We'll miss you heaps, dahl.

Me: thnx tals. Of course i'll have fun! I'm ingrid fucking hellier!

Tals: thats the overly obnoxious girl we know and love!

Monny Mota: we'll miss you heaps

Chris Mota: school won't be the same without you!

Winnie Bear: OMFG check jacks insta!

Me: what winnie? when did u get instagram?

Winnie Bear: yesterday. Follow me.

Me: Ok