Chapter 9:

I've decided to add a song to this chapter. If you want to add to this chapter or the last one...listen to Give Your Heart A Break by the ever beautiful, talented and wonderful Miss Demi Lovato. And thanks for reading this far!

xx Gen

----JACKS POV:----

I stand on my bus, headphones in my ears, clutching the pole as the bus chugged onto the next stop. I don't even know why I catch a bus, when I live literally 3 streets away. My stop being the first one, I'm one of three people on the bus, I decided to stand so that there will be more room on the bus for others. As I look out the window, I faze out, butterflies frolicking in my worried stomach. I'd found out yesterday, when she didn't turn up to school, that Ingrid had been suspended, for 2 days. She'll be back today, I thought. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Annika tag with her myway card onto the bus. She sees me and springs over. Grabbing my face in her manicured nails and pulling me to face her. 

"Hey baby." She says, into my face. I can't exactly hear her due to that fact that my headphones are in and my music is nearly on full. I rip her hand off my face and look back out the window. Dreading the end of this bus ride.

----INGRIDS POV:----

I sit in my mums car. She drives into the school carpark and pulls into a space. We sit there for a minute, then mum leans over and hugs me.

"Have a good day, Sweetie." She says, her navy badges digging uncomfortably into my collarbone.

"Yes mum. I emailed out the apologies to the people in my house in my year already." I smile. Mum releases me and I grab my bag, smiling at her one last time before I swing open the car door and exit. I wave goodbye from the pavement, after closing the car door. Mum drives off. I turn around and face the school, with a deep breath out, I swing my bag over my shoulder and walk towards the courtyard. I walk through those same doors I did almost 2 weeks ago now. I look around the hub, I'm virtually invisible to everyone. For that, I'm glad. I see a collection of heads at almost every vantage point in the massive room. I spot a large group of blonde haired girls with 2 boys and a couple of dark haired girls. I walk over, sliding through the crowd. Ammy spots me, her eyes shining with sadness, then joy. She runs over to me and I have a sudden feeling of deja vu. She pulls me into an enveloping hug, I look through tears of my own over her shoulders. The rest of the group has spotted me and is walking over. Crowding around me in a hug, sorrow and pity in their eyes, for me. There are several entrances to the hub. The one I entered through on the right of the hub leads into the courtyard. The one across from it, leads to the bus bay. I look through the haze of people, shifting and moving and changing and hugging me, only to see a honey blonde haired boy with a clingy dark haired girl clutching his arm, like her life depended on it. He and I make eye contact over the mass of people, my heart flutters then breaks. Not wanting to be the first one to break eye contact, I keep a level gaze and he breaks away. He's over me, he's with Annika now, I think to myself. As I start to move my gaze, his eyes meet mine again.

"Are you ok there, Rosie?" Ammy whispers in my ear, as the others disentangle themselves from the embrace.

"I've been better, Hun." I respond as Chris peels away and leaves me, Winnie and Ammy. I pull out of the prolonged hug and sit on one of the bean bags that was sitting behind me. Everyone looks at me.

"How was suspension?" Belle asks.

"Did you see Jacks Instagram?" Harmony inquires. I nod at Harmonys question.

"Suspension was horrible, well sort of, I had to be home by my self and I wasn't allowed to go on Instagram after I smashed my phone." I say to Belle.