Chapter 3: Meeting my Crew

I stormed down the stairs after English, after finding out that Serena Carrow and Ilana Nall were in my English class, a chosen subject for me. My bestie Belle Lucas pushed through the ever growing cloud of talking year 10s and wrapped a long arm around my shoulders. Her dirty blonde hair, glinting and her turquoise eyes shining with mischief.

"Mah, lady running down to the riptide....finish the lyric!" She said loudly.

"Taken away to the dark side...." I finished

"I wanna be your left hand man!" We sang together, out of tune, even though Belle was one of the best singers I knew. I smiled and hoisted my books into the crook of my elbow and pressing them against my chest. I felt another arm snake around my shoulders and I saw Belle smiling. I looked over my other shoulder to see Winnie Blake, standing on her tiptoes, with an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey Winnie!" I chorused happily, receiving a smile from my short friend. Her ponytailed, Mousey brown hair swinging at her hips, her small curvy body sashaying as she walked.

"Hey Belle, hey Rose." She yelled over the crowd, leaning her head in my shoulder. We chatted and walked, then we reached the corridor intersection. Belle was in Anara (blue) and had to leave down the second right hand corridor. We bid her good bye and walked down the green painted Azimov corridor. She was in 10AZ1 and I was in 10AZ2, her locker bay was before mine. I waved her goodbye and walked to my bay. Even from 15 meters away I could hear shouting and screaming. I only knew too well who that was. Pressing my books harder to my chest, I pushed my fingers into my ears, I walked into the rowdy locker bay and pushed last Jacks plethora of friends. Silently and carefully I opened my locker, slipping my books in and grabbing my Student card, my student card had 60 bucks on it and would buy me both recess and lunch for today and next term probably too, I don't eat much. I pushed past the people as they followed Jack and Cody out of the corridor, Via short cut.

I met my friends at the corridor intersection. All, well most of us, were in different houses, therefore different corridors. 

Belle- Anara-Blue

Harmony and Christina- Inigo-Yellow

Tahlia- Ranar- Red (joke is she got into Ranar for being too feisty)

And out other bestie, Blake Williams who was in Blanc- White

Me and Winnie of course are in Azimov-Green.

The girls yelled as if they hadn't seen me two hours ago at recess. I was pulled into a hug. When we all let go, we started to walk outside, boys like Henry Canter (Belles Beau) and Braydon Murray (Harmonys Beau) joined us. Bray and Mony had been on and off for months, since last year. But they'd been together for nearly 2 months, a new record for them. Henry slung an arm around Belle and put his fist out infront of me for a fist bump. I knocked knuckles with him and slung an arm around Blake.

"You two have a handshake?" Belle asked, curious.

"Yeah, we do." Henry and I said simultaneously,

"Jinx!" I shouted. "You owe me a soft drink!" He shook his head.

Blake looked at me, then stopped suddenly.

"Blake, what's up?" I asked, chewing my lip. The others chorused out in the same question. Blake shook her head, then started to cry, hot tears rolling down her fair skinned face and mingling with her Plaitnum blonde hair. Her blue doe eyes looked up at me, swimming with tears.

" I know it's only the start of the term. But my parents are moving to Brisbane and taking me with them." She choked. I looked at her, then at the others. They all looked as shocked as I felt. Suddenly, hot angry tears fell down my face. I flung my arms open and wrapped her in them, squeezing her and rubbing her back as she cried into my shoulder.