Chapter 2:

--Ingrids POV:--

It had been 3 days since school had restarted and I'd become known as the girl who broke Jack Trumans nose. Well, fuck them! He knows it was his fault. I slung my bag off my shoulder and undid the lock on my locker. Jack hadn't been at school for 3 days, and no one knew what classes he took, everyone was secretly hoping that he'd be in their classes. As I slid the silvery lock onto the hanger in my locker, I saw a familiar pair of black adidas shoes and tanned legs.

"Hey Jack." I said, annoyed, my head still in my locker.

"Hey Rose. Why so grumpy?" He replied cheerfully, dropping down to his locker. I slammed mine, causing the whole locker bay to look at me, harder than I expected to.

"All your friends are DICKS! JACK ANDREW TRUMAN! They've been treating me horribly the last few days. 'Oh Rose, didn't see you there, I'm sorry I just pushed you over, hehe' and 'oh sorry, let me break your nose like you did Jacks.' Just leave me alone." I yelled, storming off. He ran up behind me, unused books in hand. He placed a comforting arm around my shoulder and steered me off to the science lab and our pastoral (home room, if you go to a public school) class. 

"I'm sorry, they're just jelly. Wanna sit with me?" He asks politely, I can't keep on being angry with him. With his gorgeous sapphire eyes and honey blonde hair, the look on his face hurt. He is so cute. I nod, not wanting to talk incase I thought out loud. As we entered the class, Ameila saw Jacks arm around me and her jaw dropped, I literally saw it hit the desk infront of her. I looked her in the eye, not breaking eye contact as Jack pulled me off to the back of the class, where Thomas Cody greeted us.

"Hey bro." He said, slapping Jack on the back. He glared at me 

"Rose." He said, rudely, Jack pulled me closer to him, his books digging uncomfortably into my rib cage.

"Cody, I've heard that you haven't been treating my Best Friend here with respect. Is that true, cos if it is, I'll deck you in the face." He stated. Cody looked at me, he wasn't the same guy I'd gotten to know over the summer holidays. As I sat down next to Jack, I replayed the memory in my head.

-----MEMORY----

"Mum, when are we going to get there." I yelled from the back of our car. I looked at my sister, Lacey, who was seated next to me, she shrugged.

"Honey, keep it down, Emily is trying to sleep and so is Abbie." She looked at dad, a silent conversation between them. I leaned forward and looked at my two younger sisters, Em was 12 and Abbie was 3, sleeping peacefully huddled together on the seat infront of Lacey and I (Lacey is 18). Mum leaned back on the front seat, trying to get within ear shot of me and Lacey.

"The Codys will be there too, and the Buchanans. And we'll be there in 40 minutes." She whispered, looking down at the little ones. I groaned, Thomas Cody hated me, with a burning passion, Tahlia Buchanan was one of my best friends and had been since 4th Grade, she was a beautiful small girl. With waist length ombré brown hair and piercing blue eyes, the best makeup artist I knew, I was even going to ask her to do my makeup for the year 10 formal (prom).

~3 days later (still a memory)~

"C'mon Cody, you're slower than my grandma, and she can't walk!" I yelled teasingly, running backwards, watching where I was going carefully over my shoulder. Tahlia running behind us, her CGM stuck to the skin just above the waist band if her board shorts. She'd found out in the autumn holidays of year 7 that she was diabetic but we loved her all the same. Suddenly I felt the air rushing up behind me, I was falling, I hit the water, an ache spread through my back. I was only wearing a bikini and bordies. 

I floundered to the top of the water to find Cody and Tahlia laughing their heads off.

"Fuck you bastards. Now help me out." I yelled, treading water. Tahlia winked at me, knowing my ulterior motive. An ignorant Cody leaned down and offered me his hand. With a hard yank I pulled him into the cold water. As he rose back to the surface, I pushed myself on top of his shoulders. He came up with a splutter and wrapped his warm hands around my ankles. I looked down at him, and wondered why he was being so nice. Suddenly....

"Sorry to breakup the lovers connection, but.....CANONBALL!" Tahlia yelled, jumping into the air and curling into a ball, hitting the surface of the water, causing Cody and I to fall over. As I came back up to the surface for the second time in 10 minutes. There floating in the water was a laughing Tahlia and a disgruntled Cody. I splashed water at her and swam away as fast as I could.

~ That Night~

I sat in the lighthouse we'd rented as a house, with the Codys, looking out of the bay window. Surrounded by pillows, I submerged myself in the book I was reading. Percy Jackson and the sea of monsters. Suddenly, my door was flung open and Cody, himself, burst in. Shirtless. I dropped my book.

"What do you want, Cody?" I mumbled, regaining my composure and book.  He sat down infront of me. His sea green eyes swimming with emotion.

"I said, what do yo-" I was cut off, as he leaned forward, pressing his lips to mine. They were soft and comforting at first, then became rough. I sat there and let him kiss me. Taking a minute to respond, I wrapped my arms around his thick neck and leaned into the kiss. Our lips moving in sync. But it didn't feel right. It felt off. I pulled away. He looked like a fish gasping for air.

"Cody. You mustn't ever tell anyone. Because if you do. I will break your ballsack, OK?" I hissed.

"You enjoyed it though, Hellier?" He said smugly. I shook my head, my hair back then was blonde. He leaned in again, I placed a hand on his puckered lips and pushed his head back.

"No, I don't feel anything for you. I was a kiss virgin before you did that! It was hella gross, bro!" I said, standing up and dusting off my shorts.

"Why?" 

"Because, I haven't met the right guy yet. But I already know it's not you."

I turned on my heel and left the room.

----MEMORY ENDS----

"Rose" I heard someone say, clicking infront of my face. I snapped out of my 'other realm' and back into the almost empty science lab.

"You kinda scared me there, Rose. You sat down and your eyes glazed over. All weird and you kept on staring a Cody." Jack said. I grabbed my books and stood, pushing my chair backwards. I rushed past the desks and out, my pastoral teacher caught my arm.

"Miss Hellier, thank you for being reverent during prayer." Mr Scott said, his English accent thick. I nodded and he released my arm. Jack following hot at my heels.

"Where are you going now?" He inquired, I shrugged and flipped open my organiser.

"I have 2 electives. Drama and Japanese. You?" 

"Fuck, I have the same classes. Who are your teachers?"

"Miss Dawes for Drama and Mr Hough for Japanese. You?"

"Exact same." He said, raising his hand for a high five. Reluctantly I raised my hand back and slapped it into his, he grabbed his hand and groaned in pain. I giggled for a minute, then saw the mock hurt look he was giving me and stopped.

"Jack, I'm not that mean!" I called as he walked off in 'pain', I race after him. Knocking into Christina Mota, Harmony Mota's younger sister (she was nine months younger, Harmony was born on Janurary second). 

"Chris, how are you?" I yelled, jumping on the frightened girl, her blonde hair flying everywhere as i attacked her. 

"Can't -wheeze- breathe -wheeze- Ingrid." She wheezed. I let go, surveying her. Her blonde hair had become lighter in the 8 weeks since I'd last seen her. 

"I'm good-" she was cut off as Jack ran up and grabbed my shoulders steering me off to drama and the bell went for the start of class.

"Bye Chris!" I called. She flashed me a smile and walked off to class.