Playdate

"How have the Locksley's been doing this week?" Killian asked, hugging Regina. Reagan ran through the hole between her mother and uncle, running straight towards Henry, her four year old cousin. "We've been fine, is Emma here?" Robin asked after giving his best friend a hug. "No, she is out shopping. She should be back in about 30 minutes, though. Why do you ask?" Robin whispered why, and Killian nodded. Regina glared at her husband, then went inside the house. 

             "Reagan, did you even say hello to your uncle?" Regina asked her daughter. Reagan shook her head, then ran and gave Killian a hug. "It's fine. She just wanted to play with her cousin." Reagan looked up at him, smiled, then ran off to play. Henry had been born 8 months after the wedding. Regina and Robin had been at the hospital, just like Emma and Killian had been for Reagan. The two families were more like one, always going to the other's house for dinner. "Do you really think that they don't know they aren't actually cousins, do you?" Regina asked. "Gina, let them think what they want to. They are just children." Killian said. Regina nodded and then looked behind her at the two smiling children. The front door opened, revealing a very tired Emma. "Finally you're home. I was wondering how long I would have to be with these two alone." Regina said, taking the bags from Emma and setting them on the kitchen table. She started to unpack them until Emma said, "Don't. I've bought your birthday present. I want it to actually be a surprise this year." She plopped down on the couch, laying her head in Killian's lap. Regina sat on Robin's lap, leaning into him and resting her head in the crook of his neck. Both women had been tired lately, taking care of the children, not even their own the entire time. "How about you two go take a nap in our room. You look like you could use it."Killian said, and Robin nodded. "Aye. Regina, you haven't been sleeping well. Maybe a nap with your friend could help." Regina got up, then went to the bedroom. Seconds later, Emma followed. Regina took her shoes off, slipped her hair tie out of her hair, then slipped under the covers. They were cool, smelling like Killian. This must be his side of the bed, she thought. Emma did the same. "I've missed this. Being able to just take a nap with my friend. Gina, why is life rushed so much? I've been having major headaches, and I can tell you have too. Think it could be anything?" Gina shrugged, scooting closer to her friend. "I've missed it too. Who knows, maybe this is what getting old is like." Both girls laughed, almost immediately slipping into a deep sleep.

    "Mommy? Are you awake?" Regina turned her head, seeing her daughter. "Where am I?" "You're home, mommy. Daddy carried you last night. I didn't know if you'd wake up." Reagan said, tears gathering in her eyes. "Oh. What time is it, sweetie?" Reagan held up 9 fingers, then slipped under the covers with Regina. A sudden twist in Regina's stomach made her jump up and run to the bathroom. "What's wrong, Mommy?" Regina just whispered, "Go get daddy, honey." Minutes later, Robin was holding Regina's hair back while she emptied her stomach. "Are you alright, my love?" She nodded, grabbing her toothbrush. "Maybe you should go to the doctor. You've been having major headaches, you're always tired, and now this. I can get you an appointment if you need one." Robin rubbed her back, getting her to relax. She nodded, wondering if Emma was going through the same thing.