Fight

Because inside me is a beast that snarls, and growls, and strains toward freedom.. and as hard as I try, I cannot kill it.
Veronica Roth, Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

~~~~~~~~~~》

I'm caught off guard when two arms wrap around me and kisses are being left on my shoulder. My arms are trapped in his hold. I try to let my arms free to get him off.

My arms are out, and the arms aren't around me anymore. The guys are beside me looking behind. I turn around and I see the least expected.

Sam throws a punch to the guys jaw. The people around move into a circle. The guys watch Sam beating the guy up, surprised. I'm also shocked.

First off, he isn't supposed to be here. Second, I can protect myself I was doing fine without him. Third, he does care about me.

"Taddeo, Paul break them up." I order and they step forward to intervain. I walk to the furious shaking Sam. I place my hand on his check.

"Sam, calm down. It's alright." I tell him. The music is still roaring, the circle of people has vanished along with the beat up guy. It's only us and the guys now.

The strong smell of alcohol hits me from him. "Let's go." I tell them. We leave to the cars, none of us talking. I help Sam in the passenger seat of my car. I close the door and look at the guys, all except Taddeo.

"Did you know he was here?" I ask them.
"Yes, he came and asked for you." Damario answers.
"He drank a few. The few turned into alot and he didn't let us stop him." Jared says.

"Taddeo take Paul home. Damario take Jared home. I'll take Sam." I tell them.
"Okay, but what about his truck?" Paul asks.
"I'll come pick it up later." I answer. I get in the car and Sam is asleep. I smile a little and drive to his sister's.

The music plays in the background as I drive in the dark. This night seems very long. It has been a pretty good night with the guys. I got to race around the race track for my last time.

Sam begins to stir in the seat before sitting up quickly, his eyes darting open. The seat belt stopping him from moving forward any more. He looks around confused, until he see me.

"Why does my head hurt so much. Why I'm I with you?" Sam asks holding his head.
"You don't remember what happened a while ago?" I look at him and back at the road.
"No." He responds.

"You are.... well was drunk. You beaten someone up, and passed out in my car after I sat you down." I answer.
"But I don't drink." Sam says not believing me.
"Well you did tonight." I say. I reach for a bottle of pills in the pocket seat.

"Here it will help your head ache." I hand them over to him. "You can have the water. I haven't drunk from it." He takes the water and pain killers and rests in the seat.

"Quinn." Sam says. I only hum in response. "I really like you." He says saying really for a longer time then the other words. I don't look at him and stay focused infront.

I don't now what to say. Is it him saying it for reals, or us he still drunk and has no idea what came out his mouth? I would've hit the breaks right away but I stopped myself from doing so.

I turn at the next opening in the woods, sharply. I make a U turn so I can just drive out once he is in. Iyurn the car off and look at Sam.

"Can make it inside by yourself? Or do you need me to stand beside you so you can support yourself on me?" I ask him.
"You should probably come. Just in case." Sam answers.

He opens the door, carefully and slowly he stands up. I get out and go over to him. He walks and I stay close behind him. He takes out the keys to the house and tries to put the hey in the knob.