Dance Recital

Onjulique POV

Today I had a dance recital and I was getting ready to go. When I get out the shower I dry off and put on a black shirt,black joggers,and black Jordan's. We had to wear all black. I put on a black beanie and black earrings. I grab my phone and sit on my bed,I see Alana,Brandon,uncle J'Shawn's son,Braelynn,uncle Safaree's daughter,Zariah,uncle Drake's,and Camari,uncle August's daughter walk in my room.

"You ready?" Braelynn asks

"Yea,you sure she said all black?" I ask

"Swear,come on" Camari says

We walk downstairs and get in the car with uncle Drake.

"Y'all gotta be there at 6 right?" He asks

It was 4:30 and we had to be there no later than 5 so that we can rehearse one last time.

"I'm gonna get a few things real quick after I drop y'all off,everyone else will be there by 5:30" He says

We nod our heads and pull up to the theater it was gonna be at. He walks us to our teachers then tells us he'll be right back. Like promised we all were suppose to wear black so lucky me. We get into positions and go over the songs,I think about how none of our parents know what songs are gonna be played,I smirk and focus back on the teachers. We're gonna be dancing to a total of 8 songs. My cousin Michael is suppose to come with my little cousin so this was really exciting. We finish up and the teachers go and let everyone know it was about to start. I invited some people from school too. The curtains rise and the strobe lights flicker around to the beat of 'Sorry Not Sorry' by Bryson Tiller as it played through the speakers. Of course all the songs are clean. I see Zahir smirk at me and I laugh as the beat stopped and it resumed and the verse started and we start dancing.

"I'm next to blow and so you should've been next to me,say you lovesick,girl I got the remedy"

We go through half the song before it switches to 'Numb' by uncle August.

"My babies bout to kill it!" I hear him yell

I laugh and we start the choreography. He was acting like he was at a concert.

"Ima let the rosé bottles pop,Ima sip this roc,baby don't stop,cause your body on fire,you too hot,I can't feel my face,I'm so numb,I'm so wasted,so dumb"

We dance to 'Jumpman','Power Trip','Rich $ex','Wading','Bros Vs Baes',and 'Burner'. When it's over the teachers say an outro and our parents meet us on the side of the stage.

"Y'all did y'all thing up there" Dad smiles

"Thanks daddy" I say

"Well I have a present for you guys" Uncle Drake

"What is it?" Brandon asks

He pulls out 3 bags of shoeboxes.

"Customized sneakers,curtesy of me" He smiles

"Drake stop" My mom laughs

She left her shoot early and I was happy about that.

"Knowing damn well that's from all of us" Uncle Safaree chuckles

"Here angles" He says

I take the bag and laugh,he play too much.

A/N: Lol Drake wanted all the credit,glad Nicki didn't miss the recital! Next update soon!