[2]

Lexi's POV

"I can't believe that we're going on the trip tomorrow!" Maya says shaking me, "I haven't been this excited since daddy got me my car."

Maya's got that whole Rebellious Rich Girl vibe down.

"Which you broke the same day" I remind her filling out the last question on my homework and shoving it back into my bag.

"How are you only now finishing your homework?" She asks me, "we've been back from school for six hours."

"A Walking Dead marathon was on!" I say innocently, "homework could wait."

"That makes no sense", she says shaking her head at me, "just watch the episodes on Netflix!"

"Nah", I say standing up from the couch, "procrastination is better."

She looks like she's going to continue arguing with me but decides against it, standing up as well. "If we're quite done here, I have somewhere I need to be", she says walking to the front door and grabbing her coat.

"Ohhhh are you meeting with your Jay-bear?" I mock her making kissing noises.

She glares at me. "Shut up. That was a one time thing."

"Watever you say, Goldilocks."

She stares at me. "You know how much I hate that nickname."

I shrug. "Why though? I mean it's no secret that your kind of resemble her. What are you upset about?"

"Why do you want to know why Cameron got detention?" She counters back at me.

"Touché" I say nodding my head at her. "Have fun."

"I will" she shouts as she walks out the door and down the hallway.

I quickly run out into the hallway and see her rounding the corner. "USE PROTECTION!" I yell after her.

The last thing I see before she disappears out of my sight is her middle finger.

***

"HURRY UP!" Maya yells barging into my bedroom where I'm in the middle of it pulling up my pants.

I shriek and jump back trying to cover myself with my hands. "JESUS MAYA!"

"What does Jesus have to do with anything?" She asks me confused tilting her head to the side.

I stare at her blankly. "Never mind."

"Why are you screaming anyway?" She asks as I finish getting dressed and I zip up my suitcase.

"I was in my underwear!" I exclaim looking at her strangely, "why else would I be screaming?"

"Maybe you were bleeding dead on the floor or something."

"You would like that, wouldn't you."

"Besides", she says, "I've seen you in a Bikini before. It's basically the same thing."

"No it's not!"

"Why?"

"It just isn't", I retort childishly heaving my suitcase off the bed and dragging into the hallway where Maya's suitcase is standing.

"We don't have any more time for this argument", Maya says pushing me and the suitcase towards the door, "we're going to Hawaii baby!"

"Yay." I say sarcastically grabbing my coat on the way out.

"Why are we going to your parents again?" She asks me as I lock the door after me and wheel my suitcase toward the elevator.

"You're not going, I am. You can already go to the school."