[14]

Lexie's POV

"Come on", I mutter to myself balancing on my tiptoes and stretching as high as my height will let me. I'm not too short and am usually taller then a lot of the girl in my class, but this is strangely difficult for me.

I try again but freeze when I feel the desk wobble beneath my weight. If I fall I'll surely die. I don't want to die. There's still so much to do. I haven't tried fried Oreos yet or met a mime.

"What are you doing?"

I turn around my head to see Maya staring at me strangely. If her expression is anything to go by, I must look very weird right now. After all, not just anyone has the skills to stand on a desk and not fall smack on their face.

"Trying to find cell reception." I reply casually.

Her eyes travel to my outstretches hand, which is gripping my phone so that it doesn't fall. I have too many valuable photos.

"Why?"

I look at her like the idiot she is right now. "If I have reception then I can call someone to unlock the front doors."

"Oh."

I turn around and continue stretching. "Why this school has no internet is beyond stupid to me. I mean, what if someone was in trouble? How would they call the police or something?"

"They have landlines."

I furrow my eyebrows and turn to look at her puzzled. "What's a landline?"

Now she looks at me like I'm the idiot. "You don't know what a landline is?", she asks me incredulously.

"Obviously not."

"They're the phones the teacher always uses in class. Y'now, the ones connected to the wall?"

"The grey box?"

"Yeah."

"Oh". I always just thought that those were for the power or something. It was a logical conclusion, considering that the school never uses them. Wow, you really do learn something new everyday. Wait till I tell my parents. They'll be ether A, fascinated or B, worried.

"Why are you standing on the desk? It's not the highest point in the room."

I scoff. "Because it's the highest I'll go without falling to my death. As people like to say, 'A alive Lexie is better then a dead Lexie'."

"No one says that" she shakes her head side to side.

"Yes they do."

"No, they don't."

"They think that" I say shooting her a cheesy smile.

"Arguing with you is impossible" she comments and I shrug in response. What can I say, I'm a beast.

"That's not my problem."

"It's Cameron's."

The mood immediately turns sour as I glare at her. "I thought I told you to never mention that Douche bag ever again."

"You can't tell me what to do."

"Too bad", I hiss at her climbing down from the desk and onto the floor. "He has been shunned."

"For what?!"

"Being a jerk" I reply childishly. I admit that I might have been a little dramatic with the whole stomping away scene, but I was tired of all of his mixed signals. That dude is more dramatic then me, who is currently on her period.