[49]

Lexie's POV

"Hey" Maya asks from my bed, "I have a question."

"Shoot" I reply, opening my bag and taking out my bottle in order to take a gulp of my Gatorade.

"Are you and Cameron actually dating, or are you just a 'thing'?"

"Is there a difference?" I scrunch up my eyebrows, screwing the cap back on and placing the bottle in my bag.

"Duh" she flips some hair out of her face. "Do you guys acknowledged each other as boyfriend and girlfriend, or not?"

"I don't know."

"You need help, Lexie" she shakes her head in exasperation, sitting up on the bed. "Seriously. You're so clueless."

"Thanks" I grin, "it keeps me young and carefree as you get old and wrinkly."

She leans over to punch me softly on the arm before standing up from the bed, pulling on her jacket in the process.

"You have to leave already?" I frown as she throws her backpack over her shoulder. "It's only four."

"Sorry" she gives me an apologetic look, "my mom needs me for something."

"You suck" I pout.

She blows me a kiss, quickly hurrying out of the room. I sigh, throwing my self back onto my bed and throwing my arms over my face.

You can do this. Just two more days and you're done with waking up early way before your brain does.

Well, until college starts.

My phone rings and I grin, spotting Cameron's contact flashing across the screen. I answer the call, placing the phone against my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Cameron."

"I know that, dumbass" I snort, "there's such thing as a contact name."

He laughs. "You busy? I wanted to ask you something."

"Nah" I sigh, getting up from my bed to close my bedroom door. "What's up?"

"I was talking to Jason, and he thinks that since we're basically graduating in two days we should all go to lunch or something tomorrow."

"That sounds cool" I nod, even though he can't see me. "who's 'we'?"

"Me, Jason, Ian, you, and you could invite some of your friends if you want."

"Friends?"

"Yeah. I'm assuming that Maya isn't the only friend in the world that you currently possess."

I think for a moment. "I'll invite Katie and Ellie then."

"Katie and Ellie?"

"Yeah, y'know. The sisters?" I can't believe he doesn't know who they are.

"You're friends with them?" He asks, "I didn't know that. Since when?"