[12]

Lexi's POV

"Come on, please? For me?"

He stares at me with a puppy dog expression and I have to turn my head away so that I don't give in. "The puppy dog look doesn't work on me."

He ignores what I just said and continues to pout, attempting to make his eyes water.

"You're embarrassing yourself", I snort. I don't even know why I'm telling him that. It's obvious that he doesn't really care if I think of him as an idiot or not.

"I'll stop embarrassing myself once you say yes." He says persistently, "it's one little favor."

"Ask Maya."

"I would, but she hates me."

"I hate you too", I exclaim throwing my hands in the air dramatically. "Why does nobody understand that, and why are you asking me?"

"No you don't it's just what you keep saying to everyone, trying to convince yourself", he responds raising an eyebrow, "if you didn't like me why would you kiss me back every time I kiss you?"

"Don't take it too personal", I snort. "I have a problem rejecting kisses. Sue me."

He scoffs. "Believe me, if I was older there would be a lot of this I could potentially sue you for."

"Yeah, like what?" I sneer placing my hands on my hips like the drama queen I usually am.

"Oh I don't know? Maybe it's your inability to admit you like me, or maybe it's the attempt you just made to change the subject."

"I was trying to change the subject, because I don't care. Ask someone else."

He rolls his eyes at me. "There's no-one else to ask, dumbass."

"Dumbass", I mock him.

"Please?" He pleads with me. "Do it for Jason or Ian."

I scoff. "Like that's going to convince me. They both hate me, and I hate them. Plus Ian is the reason that we're here in the first place. If he didn't open hi-"

"You're the reason that we're here in the first place", he cuts me off.

I scowl at him. "We're not having this argument again. Go eat food on your side. This is our side. Not yours."

"There's no food on our side!", he says looking agitated, "and like you said, you're taking this way too seriously."

"Says the guy who made me go to 'prison' for having to go to the bathroom."

He puts his hands up in surrender. "That was all Ian and Jason, I was just following their orders."

"What are they, your leaders? You don't have to do everything that they day you have too", I snap annoyed at him. "Plus you're stronger and better looking", I add before I can help myself.

He smiles at me. "You think I'm good looking? Ditto."

I blush and look away from him. Curse me and my big mouth which somehow, starts malfunctioning when I'm around him.

I pretend that what I just said was no big deal and scowl at him. "Now go away and stop bothering me."

He stares at me for a moment as his smile quickly disappears before appearing again. "You do realize that you could walk away from me, right?"