[43]

Cameron's POV

The teachers eyes follow me as I enter the classroom quickly, finding my seat at the back and slumping down into the cold, metal chair.

"Mr. White" she speaks up after a moment, placing the folder she was holding onto her desk. "Is there a certain reason that you're late?"

"Car troubles" I lie, shrugging for added effect. "Doors wouldn't unlock."

She stares at me suspiciously for a moment and I cross my fingers under the desk, praying that she isn't smart enough to figure out that I'm lying my ass off.

She seems to believe me as she sighs, turning to face the white board again. "Very well. Don't let it happen again."

I breath a sigh of relief. "Yes ma'am."

"You're a lucky son of a bitch" Ian spits at me from his seat behind me, "she never believes me when I lie to her face."

"You don't have a good poker face" I whisper back, "whereas I've been perfecting it on my dad ever since I was little."

He grunts and I smile at the prospect of getting under his skin, pulling out my notebook and flipping to an empty page.

"What are we learning?" I whisper.

"Columbus."

"Again?" I groan, "we learned that yesterday."

"Well, she obviously thought we needed a refresher." I can feel him rolling his eyes at the back of my head. "Now shut up. You're going to get us into trouble."

"Hey, you talked to me first" I whisper back.

"Irrelevant."

A few minutes past as I stare straight ahead at the bored, trying my best not to fall asleep in the middle of my teacher's lecture about Columbus's achievements and shit.

I finnaly have enough and I sigh, turning slightly to look at Ian. "Pssst."

He ignores me so I try again. "Psssssst."

"What?" He snaps back, "what do you want?"

"Do you know where Jason is?" I ask, nodding my head at the empty seat to my right. "I need to talk to him."

"His car probably broke down or something" he shrugs, "he'll probably be back by lunch or something."

"I hope so."

"Great. Now shut the fuck up."

I flip him the bird, before turning around to write down the notes that the teacher is frantically scribbling on the board.

Dickhead.

***
'Thank god' I groan internally as I enter the cafeteria, spotting Jason sitting at out usual table. Ian's sitting to his right and to his left is a blonde girl that I've never seen before in my life.

I quickly walk over to the table, passing around ten tables on the way. When people see me pass they stop their conversations, finding for some reason that the sight of me walking is majestic.