[39]

Lexie's POV

"What the-" I comment in surprise as Cameron abruptly stops walking into his room, causing me to walk right into his back.

I go to say something again but pause when I notice the second person in the room.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Cameron snaps sounding angry, "and who gave you the right to enter my room in the first place?"

The old woman looks offended, standing up slowly from where she was sitting on the bed which is located in the middle of the room.

"That's no way to talk to your grandmother" she replies angrily in a surprisingly deep voice despite her persona.

Grandmother?

"I'll talk however the hell I want when you bust into my room without permission."

"There was no sign, dear."

"There's doesn't have to be one."

She opens her mouth to reply but she catches sight of me standing next to Cameron, making her freeze. After a moment her eyes drift down to my hand which is gripping Cameron's elbow.

When I notice what I'm doing however I let go immediately. Don't want her to get the wrong idea.

"Who's this?" She asks, walking towards us slowly. "Your girlfriend?"

"She's just a friend, grandma. Can you leave?"

She ignores Cameron's hostile attutude, bypassing him so that she's standing right in front of me. "What's your name, dearie?"

"Lexie."

"That's a pretty name" she smiles at me. I notice that Cameron is still frozen and I wonder why. If my grandmother suddenly appeared in my room I would be hugging her, not kicking her out.

"Grandma, leave" Cameron repeats himself, gritting his teeth and clenching his jaw.

"Why?"

"Because I don't freaking want you here" He snaps, gently grabbing her wrist and leading her out of the door. "Go."

She glares at him, a change from her sweet personality a minute or so ago. "Language, young man" she replies, "or I'll tell your father how rude of a young man you're being."

"Have fun" Cameron smirks before slamming the door closed, practically in her face.

He heads towards the center of the room and I stay frozen in place, trying to understand the last few minutes. Why the hell was he so mean to her? She seemed nice and old.

"Are you going to stand there all day, or are you planning on sitting down?" Cameron questions. I look up to see him patting the bedspread next to him.

"Oh, right!" I exclaim heading towards the bed. As I walk the couple of feet I quickly observe Cameron's room.

It's not the biggest bedroom I've ever been in, but it's definitely larger then mine. Two of the walls are painted black, and the one wall behind his headboard is painted a light gray color. There's a large window on top of his bed, casting the afternoon sun into the room. Despite the window the room would usually be darker, but there's a white light bulb dangling on the ceiling, which is illuminating the room.