[35]

Cameron's POV

Before now, I never realized just how annoying little kids are. Seriously, If we weren't in a public place I would be considering strangling him.

The kid sticks his blue tongue out at me which is the result of the lollypop he's clutching in his fist, and I have to fight the temptation to grab it and never let go.

"Stop it, Kid" I whisper yell when he turns around once again and stereotypically starts making weird faces at me.

"You stop it!" he exclaims, turning to pout at his mother, "mommy that mean teenager is saying mean things to me."

Fuck you too.

I go say something rude to him but a hand on my shoulder stops me. "Stop making a scene and focus on the movie" Amber whispers.

I groan and slump down in my seat. The bitch is crazy, but she's right. Besides, I'm ruining everyone else's movie experience.

"You have to promise not to fall in love with me" the girl says on the screen and I gag, almost throwing up in my mouth. Amber elbows me and I elbow her back twice as hard, not caring if I hurt her.

"I can't promise anything" the cocky prick says on screen and I grimace. Do people actually watch this shit for enjoyment? I mean the guy is a complete asshole but then miraculously turns sweet in the last ten minutes...how much more cliché does it get?

It's everything wrong with this country.

Two and a half grueling hours later the movie is over, and I'm one of the first to rush out of the theater along with every there guy, Amber following quickly behind me like the annoying lap dog she is.

"That was amazing" she states once we make it out of the cinema, clutching my arm.

"It was the worst experiences of my life." I shake off her grip and whirl around to face her. "Why are you following me, Amber? Are you lost?"

"You don't have to be mean" she pouts and I roll my eyes, heading in the direction of my car.

"You can leave" I groan when I notice that she's still following me.

"I don't want to."

"Well, I want you to."

"I don't have to do everything you want me to" she replies stubbornly as I open my car, quickly climbing inside and shutting the door before she can.

"Hey" she rattles the door handle, "why'd you lock the door?"

"Because" I roll down the window and rub my face in exasperation, "just because I let you pay for my movie ticket doesn't mean that you have to follow me around like the annoying person that you are."

Yes, that's right. Shorty after getting to the theater I ran into Amber and let her pay for my ticket to a random movie, just for the fact that seeing a boring movie was better then seeing a good movie but spending the money that I don't have.

I'm suddenly regretting my decision.

She goes to say something but I don't let her, rolling down the window before she can make a sound and starting the car before driving away. As I turn out of the parking lot I catch a glimpse of her in my rearview window, running after the car and screaming about our 'date'.

It wasn't a date. How many other ways can I say it, so that she finally understands that I don't remotely like her?!

"FUCK YOU CAMERON!" She yells, "FUCK YOU FOR RUINING OUR DATE AND LEAVING ME HERE ALONE WITH NO RIDE!"