[15]

Maya's POV

I jump at the voice coming from the couch, and spin around to see Ian causally laying there.

"AHH!" I let out a girly shriek, "where the hell did you come from?"

He smirks at me and opens his mouth to respond but I beat him to it, having a fair inclination of what he was going to say. "Don't answer that."

He shrugs and sits up from his previous position of laying like a starfish. "Whatever you say, Blondie."

I ignore his reply. "How long have you been here?"

"Forever."

I look at Cameron and see him shrug at me. "You knew he was here the whole time and didn't tell me?" I say incredulously.

"You didn't ask."

If I strangle him, will anyone object? I won't and  I don't think Lexie will ether.

"Besides" Ian adds climbing off the couch and crossing the room to stand next to Cameron. "I was far too entertained to object."

"Now I know why Lexie hates you" I hiss narrowing my eyes at him. "You're annoying."

"I love you too."

"Shut up."

"Shut up" he imitates sounding scarily similar to Jason and Cameron. Now I see why they're best friends.

"You know what?" I exclaim breathing deeply, "I'm going to leave before I pull a Lexie and beat your ass."

"Please" he scoffs, "that girls bark is bigger then her bite."

Before I can say something to defend her Cameron swiftly slaps him on the arm. I almost don't see it. "Shut up dude and go find Jason."

"What the fuck" Ian grumbles but for some reason listens and leaves the room with a scowl.

I wait a moment until Cameron's attention is back on me. "Talk to her" I say pointing my finger at him before leaving the room and slamming the door behind me.

***

As I'm about to enter the classroom where Lexie and I last encountered each other, I run smack into what feels like a brick wall.

I almost hit the ground however, before someone catches me and I look up and find Jason bending over me. He awkwardly helps me to my feet and I try to peer behind him for a sign of Lexie.

"Where's Lexie?"

"I think she went to the teachers lounge" he replies rubbing the back if his neck. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that question. Last time I checked you had a dick, unless there's something you're not telling me."

"Well I was just see-"

"He was being his peer usual nosy self" Ian replies swooping into the conversation from out of nowhere and throwing his arm over Jason's shoulder. "And now that I've found him, we're going."

Jason tries to protest but Ian leads him down the hallway and out of sight.

I stand still for a moment trying to process what just happened in the last couple of minutes. I'm surrounded by a bunch of hot idiots, Lexie included.

After All, a hot person always need a hot best friend. Or at least, that's what I've heard.

And I am definitely hot.