[9]

Lexi's POV

"Why did you suddenly become an asshole?"

He laughs sarcastically. "I'm surprised you even have to ask that question."

Typical. Every time I somehow bring up that night with the dude, he becomes an absolute asshole.

"Can you please not act like a asshole for once and just tell me for once the truth about that night?" I ask him fed up with his bullshit.

He groans and lays down on the ground, crossing his arms behind his head. "I could really do with a cheeseburger right about now."

"Cameron."

"Lexie."

"Just tell me."

He looks at me annoyed. "You really don't realize it? You broke my heart."

Dramatic much?

I scoff. "One, we knew each other for less then a day, and If I remember correctly, you were the one who kissed her. Not me."

"I only kissed her because you were flirting with Jason!"

I groan. "For the last time. I wasn't flirting with him. He needed my advice for something."

He laughs at me sarcastically. "If that's how you give someone advice, then I could sure use some."

"Stop avoiding the topic."

He shrugs. "I'm not avoiding anything."

"I apparently 'broke you heart', correct?" I ask him clarifying.

He nods.

"Then, why did that equivalent you acting like an ass to me?" I ask him logically for once.

"I was not acting like an ass", he insists, "I was simply pretending that you didn't exist."

I motion towards him with my free hand. "Ass!"

He copies me. "Bitch!"

So I slapped him.

***

Flashback: freshman year homecoming party...

"I never really come to these parties."

I look over at Cameron surprised. "Really? I would think that mr. popular would attend all the social events.

He snorts. "I'm not popular."

I stare at him blankly. "You're stereotypically dating the head cheerleader, you have a million girls drooling over you and I've never seen you not look perfect."

He looks at me surprised at my comment and I blush, realizing that I just called him perfect.

Which he is.

He looks at me amused. "So I'm automatically popular because I'm 'good-looking'?"

"Pretty much."

He laughs loudly and looks at me with twinkling eyes. "You read to many romance books. I'm not, and have ever been popular."

"But you're dating Amber and you kissed me? Sounds pretty bad boy bad-ass to me."

"Like I said. You read too much."

"Why did you kiss me if you're dating her? Isn't that cheating?"

He shrugs at me casually. "We're not really dating. Just friends with benefits I suppose."

"That's not what she tells everyone."