[44]

Lexie's POV

"This sucks" Maya groans, as we head to the Gym.

School just ended and the hallways are already practically empty, after all no one wants to willingly stay in the school when they could go hang out with their friends.

"Tell me about it" I mutter, as we approach the gym doors and a little bit of me dies temporarily inside.

Because we're 'nice' people, Maya and I confessed to the teacher that we were the ones who stole the keys, so that our whole class wouldn't get detention. After all, they didn't do shit.

Cameron did confess as well, but our teacher said that he'll get detention another time, due to the fact that he has a therapy session right about now.

After we confessed the teacher asked us where we put the keys, but we honestly can't remember what happened to them.

"Finally!" The teacher exclaims, as we approach the entrance to the gym. He's standing in front of the door holding a clipboard. "I thought I told the both of you to be here at 3:00 on the dot."

"Sorry" I apologize sheepishly, "Mrs. Conning let us out late."

"Well", he grunts. "It doesn't matter now. Get to work."

Yippie.

***

Cameron's POV

Nancy taps her foot on the ground in a constant pattern and I sigh, keeping my gaze firmly locked on the clock hanging above the door.

Twenty more minutes until I'm free.

"Cameron" Nancy speaks up, stopping her foots tapping. "Is there anything you wanted to discuss with me?"

"No."

"You seem on edge" she comments in that annoying voice she always makes.

Whenever I'm being difficult she makes her voice really slow and soft, in an attempt to get me to speak. All it does is annoying the living crap out of me.

"Maybe it's because I'd rather be anywhere than here" I reply, finally turning my gaze to face her.

She sighs, leaning back in her armchair and balancing her clipboard on her crossed legs. "Have you ever though about writing down your thoughts before you come in? It could really help you contribute to the session."

"Well, maybe I don't have anything to contribute" I snap in return, narrowing my eyes. "You ever think about that?"

"No" she purses her lips, "I haven't."

I lean back in my seat, satisfied that I've stumped her for once.

"Although" she continues talking, "I have a degree is psychiatric behavior, and I know for a fact that you're hiding something from me right now."

"Nope."

"Yes" she nods, "And for the life of me, I can't understand why you wouldn't tell me something. You know that this is a private session."

I stare at her for a moment before sighing. "Fine. I wanted to tell you something."

"Go on" she cocks her head to the side.