[41]

Lexie's POV

"I made you breakfast" Maya grins, as soon as I enter the kitchen area.

I stare at her in shock for a moment. For a reason that I don't understand she chose today of all days to wake up early, cook and smile.

... Not only that but she's wearing pajamas with unicorns on them.

Choosing not to question it I sigh, trudging over to the fridge and grabbing a carton of Orange Juice. "No thanks. I'm on a diet."

"No you're not" she scoffs, "you've never dieted a day in your life."

"Well, I guess there's a first time for everything."

"Liar" she accuses.

"Fine!" I groan, "I'm just not a fan of your cooking. Anytime I eat something you've made, I either end up throwing up or questioning some of my choices in life; mainly being your friend."

"That's mean" she pouts, placing the plate she was holding back onto the kitchen counter.

"Why are you wearing that?" I question after a moment, nodding to her clothes as I grab a glass from the main cabinet. "Why aren't you dressed?"

"Because I'm going back to bed in a minute" she rolls her eyes, "why the hell would I be wearing normal clothes?"

"Because you don't want people to see you wear pajamas in school?" I raise an eyebrow, pouring myself some OJ and placing the carton back into the fridge.

"School?"

"Yeah."

"Why the hell would I want to go to school today?" She looks at me strangely as I turn around to look at her.

"Oh no" I groan, "please don't tell me that you're skipping again. Don't you remember what your dad said? If you skip another day of school you'll have to move out, meaning I'll have to move out, and meaning that I'll have to go back home."

"Chill woman" she rolls her eyes, "I'm not skipping."

"Then why aren't you going today?"

She looks at me amused. "It's a Saturday, Lexie."

Oh.

***

From: Cameron ;)

Hey. I just realized that tomorrow's Saturday, so I'll pick you up Monday instead.

I sigh, throwing myself onto my bed with a groan, chucking my phone somewhere near my pillow.

Great. Maybe if I would have checked my phone right after I woke up, I would have realized that it was the weekend, and I wouldn't have spent an hour getting dressed and making myself look presentable.

I usually couldn't be bothered about what I look like for school. Usually just wearing a hoodie, I like averting attention from myself simply because I'm too tired to talk to people.

The one day I actually put an effort into my appearance, it's Saturday.

Great. (Note my sarcasm).