[36]

Cameron's POV

"I actually want to punch you both in the mouth."

"Now, Now Cameron" Ian 'tsks' wagging his finger at me as Jason smirks, "that's no way to talk to your best friends slash date planners."

"Shut up."

They both ignore my hostile persona, continuing to route through my closet like a bunch of college girls despite my protests. Ian makes an exited noise and pulls one of my many blues shirts out of my closet, throwing it onto my lap.

"Put it on" he demands, crossing his arms and spreading his legs into what I think is supposed to be a threatening stance.

Instead of following his demands I scowl, bunching it up in my hand and chucking it at his head. "No way, dude."

"Come on, put it on" Jason weasels his way into the argument as usual, appearing next to Ian in the same position.

I scowl, standing up from the foot of my bed and motioning to my shirt, "I'm not going to put it on because I'm already wearing a blue shirt, if the both of you idiots haven't noticed."

They both blankly stare at it for a moment before Ian chucks it back at me, hitting me in the face. "Put it on, Cameron."

"No."

"Put it on".

"No."

"It'll make your eyes pop!" Jason exclaims throwing his arms up in the air, "we want you to look your best for your date."

"It's not a date" I scowl at him, "It's just me and a girl going to grab lunch after school."

"It's a date." Ian insists, joining in.

"You guys sound like a bunch of chicks deciding what I'll wear" I groan, "just accept the fact that you're not chicks, it's not a date and that when you both have dates you can bet your asses I'll be doing the same annoying thing to you."

"I can't wait."

***

"You look like you want to hit someone" I hear Lexie comment as I plop down in my desk behind her

"I do" I scowl to myself, resting my elbow on the desk, "Mainly my two best friends and their inability to realize that sometimes I just want them to fuck off."

"Amen sister."

"LANGUAGE MR. WHITE!" Our history teacher yells, coming out of nowhere with a red face, "I will not tolerate that kind of language in a learning classroom! Is that understood?"

"Yes ma'am" I sigh. It's only two minutes into class and I'm already fed up with school in general.

When most people graduate they say that they're sad to leave high school because of their friends....but not for me. When I graduate I'll be so fricken happy, that there will be no more teachers who don't let you go to the bathroom and say a simple cuss word before class has even started. At this point in the end of the year I'm seriously considering having my graduation speech be 'Fuck everyone except my friends.'

"If I hear another bad word out of you it'll be detention for a whole week" she sends me one last scowl before heading to the front of the room. Seriously? A week of detention for one bad word?

"That sucks" Lexie Laughs turning around to look at me momentarily and I send her a grin in response.

What can I say? She just brings it out of me.

***

"I just thought I should warn you that I'm about to smoke your ass."

I narrow my eyes at her. "I doubt it Munchkin."